Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suing for a bad haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suing for a bad haircut
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
I cannot believe some of the idiotic comments here. After every bad haircut story some idiot say "why dont you sue"Yeah right. No wonder America is the most litigous society on the planet, when people want to sue for a bad haircut.A haircut is not surgery, is it not endangering your life, and because someone didnt get what they expected they want to sue??? get real. Most hairdressers have to deal with clients that give vague info about what they want.. "make it look nice" or "i want it shorter but not too short" Some girl falls asleep in the chair with a stylist shes never used??? Please. If your hair is so important then how about at least staying awake! Geez!Lets not also forget that just because Michelle Pfeiffers haitr looks good on her dont expect to look like Michelle Pfeiffer when you get that hairstyle. I also love the type of client that gets EXACTLY what she asked for and then gets mad at the stylist because she either misses her old hairstyle and regrets the new one or she doesnt fulfill her expectations of how she thought it would look on her. Then they want to sue.If your stylist is doing domething you dont feel good about then stop him/her and ask what they are doing. Its easier than a lawsuit people. Do yourself a favor and be clear about what you want, that way we can keep the courts a little clearer of idiotic frivolous lawsuits and let out judges and juries use their time to prosecute real criminals. Another plus of staying alert and talking to your stylist is that you may not have to walk around with a haircut you dont want.
Taz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
> I cannot believe some of the idiotic comments here.> After every bad haircut story some idiot say "why> dont you sue"> Yeah right. No wonder America is the most litigous> society on the planet, when people want to sue for a> bad haircut.> A haircut is not surgery, is it not endangering your> life, and because someone didnt get what they expected> they want to sue??? get real. Most hairdressers have> to deal with clients that give vague info about what> they want.. "make it look nice" or "i> want it shorter but not too short" Some girl> falls asleep in the chair with a stylist shes never> used??? Please. If your hair is so important then how> about at least staying awake! Geez!> Lets not also forget that just because Michelle> Pfeiffers haitr looks good on her dont expect to look> like Michelle Pfeiffer when you get that hairstyle. I> also love the type of client that gets EXACTLY what> she asked for and then gets mad at the stylist because> she either misses her old hairstyle and regrets the> new one or she doesnt fulfill her expectations of how> she thought it would look on her. Then they want to> sue.> If your stylist is doing domething you dont feel good> about then stop him/her and ask what they are doing.> Its easier than a lawsuit people. Do yourself a favor> and be clear about what you want, that way we can keep> the courts a little clearer of idiotic frivolous> lawsuits and let out judges and juries use their time> to prosecute real criminals. Another plus of staying> alert and talking to your stylist is that you may not> have to walk around with a haircut you dont want.
Taz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
Do you happen do be a hairstylist????You seem pretty upset by this..Taz
KM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
> Do you happen do be a hairstylist????> You seem pretty upset by this..> TazNo. Do you happen to be an ambulance chaser with a bad haircut?
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
> I cannot believe some of the idiotic comments here.> After every bad haircut story some idiot say "why> dont you sue"> Yeah right. No wonder America is the most litigous> society on the planet, when people want to sue for a> bad haircut.> A haircut is not surgery, is it not endangering your> life, and because someone didnt get what they expected> they want to sue??? get real. Most hairdressers have> to deal with clients that give vague info about what> they want.. "make it look nice" or "i> want it shorter but not too short" Some girl> falls asleep in the chair with a stylist shes never> used??? Please. If your hair is so important then how> about at least staying awake! Geez!> Lets not also forget that just because Michelle> Pfeiffers haitr looks good on her dont expect to look> like Michelle Pfeiffer when you get that hairstyle. I> also love the type of client that gets EXACTLY what> she asked for and then gets mad at the stylist because> she either misses her old hairstyle and regrets the> new one or she doesnt fulfill her expectations of how> she thought it would look on her. Then they want to> sue.> If your stylist is doing domething you dont feel good> about then stop him/her and ask what they are doing.> Its easier than a lawsuit people. Do yourself a favor> and be clear about what you want, that way we can keep> the courts a little clearer of idiotic frivolous> lawsuits and let out judges and juries use their time> to prosecute real criminals. Another plus of staying> alert and talking to your stylist is that you may not> have to walk around with a haircut you dont want.i agree 100% KM
bonoboluv View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonoboluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2000 at 4:31pm
hi KM... I read your post w/ interest because I am seriously considering (probably will be) suing a hair salon right now. I have never sued in my life, but this "professional" made SO many negligent errors, and flat out misleading information, that I have lost about 50% of my very long (far below waist) hair as a result of incompetence. Yes, I ASKED and voiced concerns over the possible damage to my hair, and he said he was a professional and I should trust him. I even asked AGAIN under the dryer about worries I had about ruining my hair (he had taken the chemicals to the ends and I did not understand why) , and he responded curtly and defensively "look, I can take you to the sink right now and wash you out, but I will not be responsible for how your hair looks". He said he was comfortable with what he was doing and I should trust him... he said he ran the coloring through my fragile ends to 'condition' the hair because this type of coloring was conditioning and good for my hair (ha). I was then shampooed VIGOROUSLY and FIRMLY by a different man for about 10 mintes while he explained the massaging hair was better than a back massage, blabla, (it did feel wonderful actually).. BUT when he sat me back in the chair, I noticed immediately I had hairs sticking up all over my head!! It makes me angry just thinking about this. Between the chemicals and the pulling of my hair when wet they have completely ruined my hair. Probably 50% was lost or broken, many hairs sticking straight up short from my scalp. My hair has no shine, body or bounce, it looks and feels like straw, and when I wash it, it is mushy like cotton. When I called the stylist to tell him what happened he said "there's nothing I can do, you'll have to wait for it to grow out". Let me tell you, there are BAD professionals out there, as well as good ones... and to say as a general statement suing a stylist is wrong is wrong in itself. I have lost sleep over losing my hair, my 'mane' that took me 10 years to grow. It now feels like straw and has more broken pieces than long pieces. Incidentally, this was a reputable chain of salon in Houston, and I called the salon and asked for the very best hair colorist they had because my hair was extremely long and very weak and fragile. Baa-humbug... I say if a professional stylist misrepresents what he/she is doing, SUE! I am.
bonoboluv View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonoboluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2000 at 4:32pm
hi KM... I read your post w/ interest because I am seriously considering (probably will be) suing a hair salon right now. I have never sued in my life, but this "professional" made SO many negligent errors, and flat out misleading information, that I have lost about 50% of my very long (far below waist) hair as a result of incompetence. Yes, I ASKED and voiced concerns over the possible damage to my hair, and he said he was a professional and I should trust him. I even asked AGAIN under the dryer about worries I had about ruining my hair (he had taken the chemicals to the ends and I did not understand why) , and he responded curtly and defensively "look, I can take you to the sink right now and wash you out, but I will not be responsible for how your hair looks". He said he was comfortable with what he was doing and I should trust him... he said he ran the coloring through my fragile ends to 'condition' the hair because this type of coloring was conditioning and good for my hair (ha). I was then shampooed VIGOROUSLY and FIRMLY by a different man for about 10 mintes while he explained the massaging hair was better than a back massage, blabla, (it did feel wonderful actually).. BUT when he sat me back in the chair, I noticed immediately I had hairs sticking up all over my head!! It makes me angry just thinking about this. Between the chemicals and the pulling of my hair when wet they have completely ruined my hair. Probably 50% was lost or broken, many hairs sticking straight up short from my scalp. My hair has no shine, body or bounce, it looks and feels like straw, and when I wash it, it is mushy like cotton. When I called the stylist to tell him what happened he said "there's nothing I can do, you'll have to wait for it to grow out". Let me tell you, there are BAD professionals out there, as well as good ones... and to say as a general statement suing a stylist is wrong is wrong in itself. I have lost sleep over losing my hair, my 'mane' that took me 10 years to grow. It now feels like straw and has more broken pieces than long pieces. Incidentally, this was a reputable chain of salon in Houston, and I called the salon and asked for the very best hair colorist they had because my hair was extremely long and very weak and fragile. Baa-humbug... I say if a professional stylist misrepresents what he/she is doing, SUE! I am.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic