Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Vaseline from hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Vaseline from hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
Does anyone know how to remove Vaseline from hair?I have 3 daughters who thought they were putting gel in their hair (and alot of it!), and its been 4 days and about 100 washings, and its not coming out.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
> Does anyone know how to remove Vaseline from hair?> I have 3 daughters who thought they were putting gel> in their hair (and alot of it!), and its been 4 days> and about 100 washings, and its not coming out.> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Beleive it or not, put baby powder in their hair. The powder will mop up the grease. Brush through after applying the powder, then shampoo. You may have to do this more than once, but a few times will probably take care of it.
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
If the baby powder doesn't work, use the principle that like dissolves like - give the girls a hot oil treatment with olive or jojoba oil. Wrap their oil-coated hair in either a microwaved damp towel, or a shower cap and then use a blow dryer carefully. Let sit 20 minutes then rinse in the warmest water you feel comfortable with. Then use normal hair conditioner and again, heat with either the towel or the blow dryer, again carefully. Rinse again, then shampoo and condition if that is the normal routine. If this doesn't work the first time, and the baby powder doesn't work the first time, a combination should be faster than either alone.Good luck.
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
Been there....done that...bought the t-shirt. I did the same thing for a Halloween dance in high school except first I had used that colour spray to colour my hair red and then proceeded to put the Vaseline into my hair figuring that it would hold the "mohawk" style i was trying to achieve much better than gel would. BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!! That was on a Friday evening and needless to say I didn't leave the house all weekend because I had a real bad case of the GREASIES and red hair to boot. I tried everything to get the darn stuff out of my hair and I must have washed it about a billion times.... I was surprised that my hair didnt fall out with all the things I tried.....shampoo a million times.... lemon dish soap....real hot water....lemon juice... I think we even tried ammonia I can't even remember all of the things that I used but I do remember even using floor degreaser (on my mothers advice...we figured it would cut the "grease".) And then I washed it some more .....it took a good 2 weeks or so to get it all out. I can't say I have any one particular remedy for your predicament but just be persistent and you may be totally sick of washing your hair a billion times but it WILL come out eventually. As for me .... I have learned my lesson....no more Vaseline for me....EVER!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic