Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stylist messed up on hair coloring!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stylist messed up on hair coloring!!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
Ok my friend is a stylist and likes to do things her way....i had too much blonde and i wanted to go back to my natural color, light/medium brown. Well, she wanted to balance out the yellows and reds....so now my hair is almost as dark as brown can be with toooo much red. i want to lighten it so maybe in a few weeks i can go to another stylist and get it colored the right way or do it at home if anything...any suggestions on lighting it up a little? without having to go to a salon and spend even more $$????
Danielle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
> Ok my friend is a stylist and likes to do things her> way....i had too much blonde and i wanted to go back> to my natural color, light/medium brown. Well, she> wanted to balance out the yellows and reds....so now> my hair is almost as dark as brown can be with toooo> much red. i want to lighten it so maybe in a few weeks> i can go to another stylist and get it colored the> right way or do it at home if anything...any> suggestions on lighting it up a little? without having> to go to a salon and spend even more $$????> YOU CAN'T LIFT A COLOR WITH A COLOR. THIS MEANS IF YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR BROWN YOU CAN NOT PUT BLONDE ON IT AND EXPECT IT TO TURN BLONDE. YOUR NEW GROWTH WILL TURN BLONDE BUT THE PART YOUR FRIEND COLORED WILL STAY BROWN. YOU WILL ALSO HAS TO USE A ASH COLOR TO CUT THE RED!!! BE CAREFUL!!
danielle
anne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:13pm
I had been coloring my hair with the lightest blond available by revlon so I decided it was getting too blonde so I chose a medium blonde and now my hair is greyish purple in the blondest areas what do I do ?
pobrien655 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pobrien655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2000 at 9:43am
Kelli, I would strongly reccomend that you do not attempt to lighten it up yourself. Spend the money and get it professionaly done or better yet , go back to your friend and let her know that you are not happy with it being so dark. If you try it at home i guarantee that you will be back in the salon anyway!!
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 8:38pm
Believe it or not using dish soap lightens hair to dark. If your hair is to dark from coloring washing it in dish washing liquid will lighten it a little. If it's not light enough go to a salon where they do Malibu treatments.
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 8:39pm
Believe it or not using dish soap lightens hair to dark. If your hair is to dark from coloring washing it in dish washing liquid will lighten it a little. If it's not light enough go to a salon where they do Malibu treatments.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic