Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just in the middle: Bad color experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
selena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just in the middle: Bad color experience
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
> Hi,I am having a similar experience, just the opposite way around. My hair was a few different shades of brown and I wanted to even out the tone and maybe go a darker shade or two of brown (I was tired of having to color my hair every month). I bought the perfect color and proceeded to permanently change my haircolor. All went well until it was dry. I had red roots. Now how did that happen? I was going darker. It also appears that the rest of my hair has gone a shade or two lighter instead of darker? Did you use permanent color and how long did you wait before you re-colored your hair? I can't wait to run to the drugstore and buy a different shade of semi-permanent color or a rinse!
roni b. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni b. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
Hello,A couple of months ago, I decided to change my hair colorfrom the natural black i've always had to a nice burgundy/brown. I thought I would do it myself! It seemed like itworked o.k., until my hair dried. I usually wear bangs,andI always part my hair somehow. This time when I parted myhair, I had bright red roots! That is the only part of myhair that took the dye well! I didn't know what to do, so Ihave been wearing a headband for about 3 months so that Icould hide the way my head looked after I got through with it. I was so embarassed, I couldn't part my hair that whole time! The red was only right down the middle of my head. I looked like a skunk, just a red one!I have since dyed my hair black.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic