Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No where to turn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No where to turn
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
Hey allI ran by this board from doing a search on 'Google'. I am looking for some suggestions for a new style. My hair is a little below my shoulders in length, but is naturally wavy. It frizzes as a rule, so I can't wear it down. I have to wear a ponytail or bun otherwise it will frizz out during the day. I haven't been able to find *anything* to get rid of these frizzies. But anyway, I am looking for a cut that can be easy for me to do, I won't spend an hour doing my hair every morning. :) I want to keep it long, and I do have bangs I'd like to keep. My hair is medium thick, and has been dyed a few times, therefore is a bit damaged.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Veto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
> Hey all> I ran by this board from doing a search on 'Google'. I> am looking for some suggestions for a new style. My> hair is a little below my shoulders in length, but is> naturally wavy. It frizzes as a rule, so I can't wear> it down. I have to wear a ponytail or bun otherwise it> will frizz out during the day. I haven't been able to> find *anything* to get rid of these frizzies. But> anyway, I am looking for a cut that can be easy for me> to do, I won't spend an hour doing my hair every> morning. :) I want to keep it long, and I do have> bangs I'd like to keep. My hair is medium thick, and> has been dyed a few times, therefore is a bit damaged.> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Veto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
lisa, the name is veto, I'm a licensed beautician,before you cut your hair try "VAVOOM Liquid Shine" . You can get it thru any salon that handles MATRIX products. It will cost you about $12.00 for a small bottle but it has nutrients to nourish the hair PLUS it tames the FRIZZIES.E-MAIL me for for other cheaper products to use.
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
> I am looking for some suggestions for a new style. My> hair is a little below my shoulders in length, but is> naturally wavy. I have to wear a ponytail or bun otherwise it> will frizz out during the day. I haven't been able to> find *anything* to get rid of these frizzies.My hair is very fine and relatively thin, very straight and dry, and it frizzes every single day of my life, with the following exceptions: If i put gel or mousse on just the last two inches, it gets a little sticky but it doesn't frizz. I don't do this more than once a month or so. Willow Lake and Freeman mousses are supposed to be not as bad as most.But for the most reliable nice-looking and feeling hair, if i let it dry in a bun or with the ends restrained in a foldover pony, they dry straight and nice. If i shower the night before it looks even better than if i shower in the morning. Have you ever tried this? I highly recommend you try changing your shower routine for a week or so, in addition to trying other products which will be recommended by other readers, any minute now, before you try a new cut.PS although i cut my own hair, i hear professional stylists know how to cut to minimize natural "flaws" like frizzy ends. Can you schedule a consultation before you decide on a cut?Good luck
ANITA 13136 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANITA 13136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2000 at 6:02pm
First of all you need to replace the moisture content of your hair by using a good shampoo and conditioner preferably one for colour treated hair, then you must treat yourself to a good professional hair cut to reduce the bulk of your hair.This can be done without it affecting the length. Another useful product is 'Frizz eaze' by John Freida and is applied after shampooing to towell dried hair,work through to middle length and ends of hair and leave to dry naturally.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic