Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wash dye out faster?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmast50409 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmast50409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wash dye out faster?
    Posted: February 29 2000 at 12:30am

Another suggestion is to go to a stylist and have them determine on a professional scale what level the red is, then have them tint your hair at that level with a combo of neutral and green base color. The green will counter the red, and you will have a neutral color.
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2000 at 8:55pm
Since i am a stylist, to me a level 2 is very dark. you havibg light blonde hair and going darker, the color will grab on your hair. The home colors that say they wash out in 28 shampoos, don't. On lighter hair they become permanent. Since you wanted to go red, I would of suggested that you go to a salon and have it highlighted with the strawberry blonde, or use a semi-permanent color , since semi-perm colors have nothing in the ingredients that promote lifting. If you want to take out the color use dish washing liquid, or go to a salon and have a Malibu treatment done. it may take a few times, but it will lighten a little. If all else fails and your still not happy highlight it to you original color til the color grows out.
Kristen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
I had the same problem a while ago-the only advice I can give is buy a clarifying shampoo (Suave is good& it's cheap), or try a tinted shampoo (a blonde one...like Revlon). Good luck...slowly, it will fade, but it will take longer because of the blonde-it locks in color for a long time (I have blonde hair, too).-Kristen-
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
Hi, I have very light blonde hair and wanted to go red (slowly) so I used a strawberry blonde color and I don't like it. The package said it was a level 2 and would wash out in about 28 washes.Is there anything I can wash my hair with (like baking soda or something) that will expidite the removal of the dye?thank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic