Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Henna removal HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Henna removal HELP
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
I put henna on my hair a few days ago and now it it very orangy-red. My natural color is a light strawberry blonde, mostly blond. Does anyone know of a safe way to wash this out faster ???
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2000 at 10:45am
Kay,
Henna is an unpredictable hair dye - or as Forest Gump would say - you never know what you get.
This is especially true for lighter hair. Henna tends to get too orange. Or when black Henna is used you have a fairly good chance of turning olive.
It is very hard to tone down Henna. Since I don't know what colour you would like to achive I won't give any advice. There are several shades of Henna available (at least here in Europe) and there are different ways of mixing it (red wine, black coffee, some even put an egg in there).

One advise I would like to give you: see a hairdresser for advise. You can't tone Henna down by using chemical hairdyes, you might get very interesting results.

Henna doesn't wash out fast and it takes a fair while to fade.

Good luck,

Leanan
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic