Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uh Oh, Where'd My Hair Go????!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
april View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote april Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uh Oh, Where'd My Hair Go????!!!!
    Posted: January 14 2000 at 10:40pm
I wanted to prelighten my hair, I honestly had no clue.
Anyways,I mixed up some 40vol. and off the scalp bleach and
put the stuff all over my head, put a plastic bag on, and I
waited. One hour later, when I could no longer stand it, I
removed the bag, along with what had been some of my hair.
Most of what was left was rinsed down the drain. And the few sprigs I had left, I had no choice but to shave them off. Needless to say I bought a wig, and now four years later I'm a licesed cosmetologist,( a pretty good one, at that.)
ddtol@aol.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddtol@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2000 at 3:25pm
That is a great one, I also had the same motivation to become a cosmetologist.Your pretty good and probably have alot more compassion for the scared patrons that come to you. That was a good chuckle:0)
alley888 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alley888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2000 at 2:52pm
I did the exact same thing. I didn't get it as bad as you did, but almost. I lost probably close to half of my hair. Now, 9 months later, I have all of the babies growing back (they are about 2 1/2 inches long). My hair was all one length and long. I now have weird layers everywhere but would have to cut my hair to 2 inches all over my head to get any shape back. And to make matters worse. No color will stick to the blond strands that are left and my hair is growing back its natural dark auburn and grey. I am afraid to do anything else with it. I look like crap. What do you think I ought to do?

Alley
Shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2001 at 11:48pm
Reply to message: 7.532.1
Alley, I know you don`t want to cut your hair but it`s the best thing to do. Start over with a 2" crop cut. It would help the color to because it would even out with the new hair. Other wise you just have to stick it out and it will grow back. Try getting your hair layered it will discuise the short hair you have now.
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2001 at 12:29pm
Alley,

I think you know that the only rational thing to do is cut your hair, but emotional attachment is preventing this.

Obviously, I`m no hair expert, and someone else may offer some reasonable advice, but it sounds to me like the only way that you can get a decent looking style would be to cut. However, I wouldn`t say you have to cut it all to 2 inches. You can probably get a layered cut anywhere between chin and shoulder length that would let the shorter hairs blend in at least a bit better with the rest of your hair. That way, when everything grows out, you can gradually cut off the remaining bleached bits, but have a better looking style in the mean time.
DancerGirlFive View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DancerGirlFive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 10:23pm
Reply to message: 7.478.1
= 0 ** Oh my god that story scared me.Good one.
\/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic