Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boy did I srew up!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alley888 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alley888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boy did I srew up!!!
    Posted: March 10 2000 at 3:28pm
I had long naturally dark auburn hair (all one length). To please my boyfriend, I tried bleaching it blond for the Summer. I used a 40v hair bleach and a plastic bag. An hour later I took off the bag and about 50% of my hair. I have tried getting it back to dark auburn so it could grow out... but the brown color (they cannot put red back in it) does not stick well to the blond. So now, 9 months later, I have 2 1/2" hairs all over my head that don't fit in with the other lengths, so it looks chopped. Furthermore, the 2 1/2 inces are dark auburn and the rest is a dirty light brown color. I cannot chop it off or my hair will be 2" short all over. What should I do? I have NEVER had such a bad hair experience in my life. HELP!!!

ManneredMoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManneredMoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2000 at 7:42pm
First and foremost, I hope you understand now that going blonde is not to be taken lightly, especially with a do-it-yourself kit.

As for your widely different lengths, cutting it shorter is still pretty much the best option. Now you don't necessarily have to cut it all down to 2.5", but pick a length that you can live with while you get frequent trims to allow the shorter hairs to 'catch up' to the longer lengths. The differing shades will likely look a bit better once some of the damaged length is removed.
doublemom View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doublemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2000 at 7:08pm
It sounds like you don't have much choice but a haircut. What about a chic layered shoulder length cut? Then your short pieces would blend a little better, and you don't have to shave your head! And just for future referance, NEVER use anything stronger than 30 volume peroxide with bleach powder, or leave it on longer than 45 minutes. Good luck!
janis View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2000 at 8:40pm
I am a professional hair stylist. First of all, NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR BOYFRIEND AGAIN!!! Secondly, you should never do your hair at home. You should ALWAYS go to a salon. Last, but not least, go immediatly to your closest Hair Cuttery(after all they are the best). Most likely if your hair is not grabbing the color it's because you no longer have any pigment left. If the sylist agrees with this fact, then you'll just have to CUT it! From now on realize this-it's your hair-do what makes YOU happy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic