Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I can't stop cutting my hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't stop cutting my hair!
    Posted: April 08 2000 at 3:37pm
A while ago I bought some clippers and since then I have felt compelled to use them non-stop. I've had varying length crew cuts, all shaved off apart from the top a la Mike Tyson (and I'm white) graduated towards the top in a very home made fashion, in short (no pun intended) a whole range of completely inappropriate styles! I threw them away but then felt oddly compelled to buy another set and try some more! I must look very strange but can't stop myself. Am I the only one out there so afflicted? Apparently the psychological profile says "control freak" but am I the only one, and what can I do to stop? Or should I?
phil
sgmusicgrl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgmusicgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 7:50am
Hi I'm a girl and I kind of have the same problem but not to that extent. I used to have waist legnth hair but I kept on cutting it shorter and shorter and now it's a pixie cut. My advice is to throw away the damn sissors and let your hair grow. It'll be hard at first but maybe you could have a friend with you when you are tempted to cut it and your friend can warn and stop you.
blondie1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2000 at 12:09pm
You aren't the only one that cuts there hair. I cut my hair at least every two weeks. Every one tells me that I am possessed with my hair. It has to be perfect when I leave the house. I hate it when it's windy out. I'm in the bathroom for at least 2 hours every day. It has to do with something in your past. (emotions)
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2000 at 12:20pm
Do you keep it short or long or do you change the style that often?
hannneke View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2000 at 10:53pm
I have the same problem. I like cutting my bangs very much.
Last week I cut the, three times, and now they are cut close to the hairline. I could cut 1cm of, and then they're all gone.
I would like to do that very much, Ican hardly resist doing it...
Blake View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2000 at 4:15pm
ask a friend to help keep you from cutting it.
lilmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2000 at 4:46pm
Although not as extreme as some others, I notice I obsess about my hair when other things in my life are out of control (or feel that way). Recently I just cut bangs after obsessing about them for 2 weeks, liked them for one day and am now obsessing about whether to cut more layers, grow them back out, dye, etc. I am 7 mths pregnant and trying to buy a house, things at work are crazy. I have noticed that I redirect my focus to my hair when I can`t control other aspects (like how radically my body and life is changing b/c of this baby or what the mortgage lender will decide). It`s like I convince myself that the "perfect" hairstyle will make me feel better. Don`t get me wrong, I`m very happy to be pregnant but it is still overwhelming at times! sorry so long!
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 4:26pm
Reply to message: 7.795.1
Thanks for your replies. As regards asking a friend to stop me cutting it, they`d all tell me to see a shrink!.....
The gist of your responses seems to be that this is obsessive behavior linked with the past. There could be some truth in this. It is also true to say that I`m more prone when things are out of control. The only time recently that I overcame it was Sept-Nov when I was made to work alongside a guy neither I nor anyone else liked. His hair was spiky on top, layered at the sides, exactly the same as mine! I had no problem growing it out in those 12 weeks but now he`s moved on and out came the clippers again. I suppose there are worse things to be obsessed about. Maybe I`ll try coloring it next time it grows a bit and see if that works.
phil
JenDoesHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenDoesHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 6:22pm
Everyone should leave the cutting to the proffesionals. We are perfectly willing to help you through those trying times when you need a cut. The more you come in the happier we are.
Jen :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic