Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did the stylist think I said?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did the stylist think I said?
    Posted: April 09 2000 at 1:49pm
About a week ago I went to get my hair cut. I had been growing it for a while, I mean it was almost down to my waist. I wanted to get it shorter cause I had just not had it cut for a while and thought it would be nice. But I was not expecting what happened. I went to the Randy Rick near my house. I sat down and I told the woman what I wanted. She askedme how much I wanted off and I said 7 inches, which should have brought my hair to about mid back. I should've thought when she said, "Are you sure, thats a lot?" But she had waist legnth hair too and I figured she thought it was a lot. So she combed my hair all out, I was nervous and almost backed out right there, but I didn`t. I should've. She took her fingers to right at my shoulders. I didn`t know she was going to cut. Then, without warning I saw her cut and the scissors cut away all that hair. I was shocked. She continued, I was too shocked to say anything. She continued to slice it off around my head. After that part was done she looked at me and said, " You look shocked" I was thinking, "Duh" I wanted to get out then, but she was not done, she ended up cutting off about 2 more inches, leaving it above my shoulders. She said she had to even it out I was so shocked, too shocked to be mad. My waist legnth hair had been cut above my shoulders. When she was done she asked me, are you gonna miss it? I ran my hands through it and she said, "Theres noithing there anymore", and laughed, she really thought that was what I wanted. She must have thought I said make it 7 inches long or something. I don`t understand why else she would cut off all that hair without even wondering if I didn`t like it. So anyway I now have blonde hair above my shoulders. can anyone help me with how to do it, or styles to use, or if I should cut some layers. it kind of curls under. To give you an idea what I look like I am 15, blonde hair, brown eyes, about 5'6", and skinny with an oval shaped head. Help would be great. Thanks.

Katie
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2000 at 2:25pm
Well at leatst with your description you should look good with that length. The bad news is medium length hair is about the hardest to change looks of by styling. Basically you leave it down or pull one or both sides up or back, or headbands. That sort of thing. Unless you get into the layers(wich give a fuller look if you have med to thick hair or a wispy look if you have fine hair).Perms also offer change of looks but you have to consider the style you are looking to achieve. Good luck and in the mean time have fun with it!!
haroldcoolguy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haroldcoolguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 8:40pm
Well you have already gone this short, why not go for a pixie, based on your description I bet you would look adorable.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 11:02pm
Reply to message: 7.1130.1
Yeh, why not go shorter, your hair sounds real nice and you probley look better now anyway. Go for the pixie it will look hot on you. You should post your before and after picks on http://clubs.yahoo.com/teenhaircuts. Love to see the pictures of what you look like now compared to before. As for style perms, clips, braids, pigtails,layers, or just wear it straight and natural. By the way do you have bangs, if not you probley would look good with short bangs.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2001 at 11:02pm
Reply to message: 7.1130.1
Yeh, why not go shorter, your hair sounds real nice and you probley look better now anyway. Go for the pixie it will look hot on you. You should post your before and after picks on http://clubs.yahoo.com/teenhaircuts. Love to see the pictures of what you look like now compared to before. As for style perms, clips, braids, pigtails,layers, or just wear it straight and natural. By the way do you have bangs, if not you probley would look good with short bangs.
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 12:21pm
Actually I did go for a pixie, of course this was April of last year, which I posted on teen hair. Since then it has grown almost to my shoulders and I am thinking about cutting it again. I mean I wanna grow it long but its gonna take probobly another 2 years to get it to where it was. And I liked it real short. Any suggestions?
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 10:39pm
did anyone pick up on the fact that she got a pixie last april.... but now all the sudden she has waste length hair? by all means, if she has some sort of secret hair growing powers, she should let everyone else know...she had waste length hair in the first post, then magically it was shoulder length...hmm
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2001 at 11:37pm
it clearly sais, almost to my shoulders.
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2001 at 10:17pm
Reply to message: 7.1138.1
read your first post "i mean it was all most down to my waist"
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2001 at 11:57pm
yeah I know it was. I posted that about a year and a half ago when I first got it cut to my shoulders. Then a little later i got a pixie. Someone just responded to it even though it is an old post so it was at the top of the list, and since then my hair almost reached my shoulders again, and I am deciding what to do with it. Sorry for the confusion.
shortahir75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortahir75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2001 at 11:39pm
Reply to message: 7.1150.1
Katie, you said you posted it on teen hairstyles? Was it the site I listed above and if it was what name is your picture under so I can check you out. My suggestion is if you liked your hair short keep it short try going with something even shorter. You can always grow your hair out but no one wants to stick with short hair as long as they do long hair even when they like there hair short. You only live once try differnt things, like get your nape buzzed super short and the rest not much longer it`s a hot style, expesically among short hair lovers. And I was not confused by your post about your differnt lenghts.
Raquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2001 at 1:15pm
Van,
GET A LIFE!!!
Rachel
Raquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2001 at 1:15pm
Van,
GET A LIFE!!!
Rachel
SB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2002 at 9:48pm
one thing i have noticed about stylists is that they are human too, with faults and all. one could speculate that she was jealous of you and used her position to make you unhappy. or maybe she just made a mistake and didn`t own up to it; if she said she had to "even it out", that meant that at some point she made it uneven. maybe she didn`t mean to make it that short, but due to the fact that she made it uneven, she was left with no other choice. either way, she flubbed. that`s why most people will tell you to go to a stylist that you trust when making drastic changes. i know that`s beside the point now.... you want to know what your options are and you`ve got a few: extensions - can be pricey, but with proper maintenance they look natural. temporary hair pieces - such as pony tails, clips, headbands, "miracle hair". a new `do - hey, if it`s already been cut, why not try something new ... like a spikey retro look. either way, you`re lucky in that your hair just needs to be given time to grow out. you`re not left with an unnatural color or damaged hair or hair that`s falling out, so think of the positive side to it all. everthing happens for a reason, think of how you can grow from this. perhaps next time you`ll speak up for yourself, rather than sit back in horror watching it get worse. remember, "the only constant in life is change"... embrace it or be unhappy, the choice is yours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic