Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bonoboluv View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonoboluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: very long hair color breaking disaster- Pls help!
    Posted: April 20 2000 at 12:34pm
I have very long naturally wavy, porous dark blonde hair that I had used Loreal Castings on to cover gray that lifted my color just a little. This was fine except I had a line of new growth that I wanted to get rid of. I went to a professional and asked for my regular hair color back maybe w/ some highlights, but told him I did not want to damage my hair, because of it's length and how fragile it is. He used a demi-permanent color all over my hair, and foiled some highlights in the front. Then I was shampooed VIGOROUSLY for about 10 mintes. I now have BROKEN hairs all over the place! My hair looks terrible, and the texture is rough and straw like, no body or shine. There are more broken hairs I believe than long hairs (and this has only been 10 days). I have used deep reconstructors, moisturizers, olive oil, and frizz products.. nothing is making it look any better.

Someone suggest Henna would seal and condition my hair. Can anyone give me feedback on this? I will probably have to continue coloring the new growth as it grows in a different shade. I read that you can't put any coloring over henna... but read somewhere else that henna comes out in 6 wks or so. If henna coloring itself works well on dark blone hair I think I would prefer to stick with natural coloring at this point. But I do not like red undertones. If not color, would clear henna help the condition of my hair w/out any lasting negative effects?

sorry for the length of this post but thought all info may be pertinent--

thanks in advance for any help, :)
Bree
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2000 at 11:07pm
Henna does coat and seal the hair, unfortunatley if it is very dry the henna is not going to add any miosture and also will seal out any more of the natural skalp oils that tend to naturally condition the hair. I might opt for a very good acid bal conditioner and even use it as a leave on conditioner along with your anti frizz or shine products.
Also you can't color over the henna. and unless you wait a very long time it is hard to tell how much of it it left on the hair (especially with the clear).
beenthere View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beenthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2000 at 6:00pm
I have very dark hair and tried to lighten it to blonde and it got very dried out and broken too. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is cut it a little bit at a time as it grows out. Also when you use conditioner, Do your final rinse with cold water because this seals the hair and keeps the conditioner in. I also suggest putting a dime size amount of conditioner in your hands and rubbing it through out your hair after the rinse and then comb and style as usual. This will give your hair extra protection while it is growing out. It works really good for me! I hope this helps!
Elizabeth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic