Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair turned purple!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dew2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair turned purple!
    Posted: April 23 2000 at 3:47pm
I am 27 with a lot of grey hair that I have been coloring black for years without any problems until last night! I used Feria and my roots that were grey all turned purple! I was told by one hairdresser to wash my hair with a hard soap like Zest, which I did seven times with no luck. I then was told to use Tide w/bleach, which I did with no luck! What do I do? It did fade a little ,but is still really purple! If I use a black that I've used before and just dye it again will that work? Is it safe to color my hair again with it only being one day? Please Help!!!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 8:03pm
Hi dew2000:

Yes you can use a permanent black color on your hair. It will be better than washing with tide and bleach which will damage your hair not to mention what will happen to your scalp. I believe I would wait a few days before recoloring but I don't think you will have any trouble with coloring over the purple. The color purple that you are seeing in your hair is most likely the base color of the tint you chose. Grey hair will definately pick up the base color of tint so if you used a semi-permanent color this is exactly what your hair did. Good luck!
Forest
AngelicJen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelicJen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2000 at 11:26am
well the thing with Feria is that it fades extremly fast.. so even if you did want it to stay, it would only stay that shade for about a week or so..
fourjones View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2000 at 7:01pm
I just did the same thing with Feria Midnight Ruby. I have to do something quick. What did you do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic