Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Redken Shades OD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chilly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redken Shades OD
    Posted: September 23 2000 at 10:22pm
Most likely what happened is that you're stylist did not apply the tint correctly. The new growth up to the outgrown highlights should have been the only area that received color. After processing, then your stylist should have used a "soap cap" to the ends (mixing the remaining color with shampoo and applying it to the rest of your hair while in the shampoo area, no heat). The color should not have remained on your ends for longer than 5 minutes even with this technique due to the fact that having been highlighted previously and weathered, the ends act like a sponge and quickly absorb color. I know it has been a while so if you haven't paid top dollar for a color correction the best thing you can do for your hair is to cut off as much of the ends as you can live without and let it grow out. If you try using a color stripper on the ends, you will most likely be left with a very ugly stain, breakage, and will want to cut it anyway.
Semi-permanent can actually become permanent color depending on the type of hair it is applied to and the technique used unless your hair is "normal". Shades EQ is my favorite semi-permanent hair color, though! However, this is a very common error and can happen with any brand of color.
RockinLocks4u View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinLocks4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2000 at 1:37pm
Debi, Are you sure that this new stylist used Shades EQ?  The only reason I ask this is because I have been using it for 12+ years and it is so hard to screw up!  Have you tried going back to that person and giving them a chance to fix it?  I just know that if I had ever made a mistake I would have loved to make it right with my client.  Coloring is an inconsistant skill at best.  The difference between a good colorist and a bad one is not that they will never goof up, but that they are able to correct it.  If you don't want to go back to that person, E-mail me at RockinLocks4u@AOL.com  and I'll try to get you through it. Good Luck
Debi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 7:29am
William....I hope you see this!!! HELP!
I highlighted my hair for years (heavily) and started having Redken Shades EQ done instead and loved the healthy response my hair had. However, I went without coloring for 15 months and just had it done again yesterday by someone new. It's AWFUL. It was supposed to be a light brown (my natural color), and from my ears up it's ok (a little too red but I can live with it), but from my ears down to just past my shoulders where the highlights had grown out, it's a VERY DARK brown.....almost black. What can I use on that area just to get it to blend in with the top half? I'm truly two-toned, and this super dark color is overwhelming on me - I'm very fair skinned. How long can this dark color last with regular shampooing? I've heard that Dawn Dish detergent is effective at removing color.....is that true? Do you mix it with your shampoo or use it alone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MiladyC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic