Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Semi-Permanent Dye Problems!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
culpjean View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpjean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Semi-Permanent Dye Problems!!!
    Posted: April 26 2000 at 7:46pm
I dyed my long, medium brown hair black for a play (I'm a professional actress) using Clairol Loving Care Level 1, 83. I NEED to get this out of my hair as soon as possible. It's been a month (so much for 28 washes) and my hair shows no signs of returning to normal. HELP!!!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 7:53pm
Hi Culp:

It sounds as though the color you used in your hair was a permanent color. In order to get the color out you will need to see a professional colorist who will do a color correction. First she will use a dye solvent to remove the color from your hair. This will also remove some of your natural pigment and probably turn your hair to a red-orange color. The next step would be to recolor your hair with a permanent tint in your natural level. This is a very tricky procedure so I would not try it at home. Good luck in getting back to normal.

Forest
RockinLocks4u View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinLocks4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2000 at 12:20pm
Jean,  Did you finally get back to normal?  It's been awhile, I know, but if not, I have some suggestions if you need them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic