Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swimming terror......hair is turning green.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swimming terror......hair is turning green.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crazygurl16 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazygurl16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swimming terror......hair is turning green.....
    Posted: May 15 2000 at 5:05pm
I spent the weekend at a friends house, and we went swimming all weekend. I washed my hair each time we got out for the day, and when I left I noticed the tips of my hair were green!!! I don't know what to do, can anybody help?? I would really appricate all the help I can get. Thanks.

addhair2it View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addhair2it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2000 at 9:57pm
The green cast you see is from the chlorine reacting with the pools plumbing.Sort of an oxidation/tarnishing of the pipes in the system. (pipes are usually brass) There is a shampoo you can get a most any beauty supply called "GREEN OUT" it is an ugly orange color. Wash your hair with that following the simple instructions on the bottle..... and if you plan to swim some more , look for a shampoo and conditioned called Ultraswim . (it works good to keep green out , but isnt as effective at removing whats already there)
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2000 at 10:53pm
If you can find a salon to get ABBA products , there MOLASSES Shampoo works great also!!
lalaland View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2000 at 4:46pm
I know this is so incredibly late it's funny, but I just got on and saw this. You can use it if it happens again, but when your hair turns green and you don't want to buy exspensive chemicals just buy some Ketchup, comb it thru your hair, wait a few minutes, and wash it out. Most likely you will want to do it several times, and definitly wash out the scent. It usually works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic