Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happend to Ultra White Minx Toner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spike View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happend to Ultra White Minx Toner?
    Posted: June 17 2000 at 9:59am
I have been bleaching my hair for years and using Roux's Ultra White Minx toner which gave me a true white blonde. Since Roux has been sold or gone out of business, I cannot find a toner that gives me the same color. I like the white like Billy Idol wore or even Susan Powter is a good example. I have tried Colorcharm's White Lady (too yellow) and Ivory Lady (too biege). Please help!!!!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2000 at 11:19pm
Hi Spike:

I don't know what happened to Roux - I might have a suggestion but I don't know if you will like the outcome.

Clairol makes a toner called Towhead. It might be a help. It is a permanent color toner. Born Blonde has a semi-permanent toner called Silent Snow this might also help.

Good luck!

Forest
pixiestix View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiestix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2000 at 2:56pm
well they arent makking it anymore. but i have found some nice toners with a pastel violet base to get rid of any yellow and keep you hair in a nice condition. schwarzkopf has released a line of toners called tonings their 9.5-91 will get rid of a pale yellow and doubles as a conditioning treatment. it can stay on the hair for up to 20 mins and is a temporary color. fudge for hair also has one with a violet base that remains sheer. both of these are able to be bought by the client for at home use. theres always shades platnium ice a little ashy but if you cut it 1:1 or 1:3 with clear you get a great pastel tone.
pixiestix View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiestix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2000 at 2:56pm
well they arent makking it anymore. but i have found some nice toners with a pastel violet base to get rid of any yellow and keep you hair in a nice condition. schwarzkopf has released a line of toners called tonings their 9.5-91 will get rid of a pale yellow and doubles as a conditioning treatment. it can stay on the hair for up to 20 mins and is a temporary color. fudge for hair also has one with a violet base that remains sheer. both of these are able to be bought by the client for at home use. theres always shades platnium ice a little ashy but if you cut it 1:1 or 1:3 with clear you get a great pastel tone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic