Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Must shave due to destructive haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must shave due to destructive haircut
    Posted: June 20 2000 at 7:46pm
It has now been 3 years of waiting to get up the nerve to shave. I am 49 y/o woman who has had a haircut from hell. My whole left side, my crown and back was completely removed and razored off in order to copy a photo of how my hair had been styled in the past. I had a short shag about 7 years ago utilizing my own natural wave and curl. My hair had been short for about 10 years. This bimbo so called "stylist" I mistakingly found in the yellow pages Looked at the photo I brought her and proceeded to cut my hair saying I know just what you need. She went to the back of my skull and I felt a snip. I said "what are you doing"? She answered "Oh, with that cut you can start anywhere on the head". After cutting she said oh, you don't have curly hair on that side and you don't have enough hair to cover your head but I will make your hair curl anyway. You are more interested in style than curl anyway, aren't you? An incredible fear ran through me at the moment she cut I knew I should have run but I just wanted to believe she knew what she was doing. She then handed my the blowdryer and told me to go ahead and blowdry my hair the way I always did. She removed my whole crown and back and created little chopped up pieces of hair that were supposed to curl into a ball. There is no way my hair can grow out of this. I am basically left with just made up bangs. She left more than a whole in my crown. She basically tried to make it custom fit to my occipital. Will my hair ever know how to grow out of this. I believe I will just have to remain bald for life but I guess that will be better than having hair that does not fit your head. Has anyone ever had such a irreversible destructive haircut that could not in anyway grow out? I have been to many stylists since then and they could not understand what was going on with my hair. I even went to a dermatologist and was told that I don't have alopecia, just very fine and unruly hair. It is as though she cut the back of my head right off.
RBUZZ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBUZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2000 at 8:59pm
Although I have never had a haircut as bad as yours I have had my share. right now I'm in the process of growing one out. My questions is, why after 3 years has your hair not grown out? Hair grows approximately 6 inches a year which would of given you about 18 inches of growth.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2000 at 2:24am
Well, bald can be beautiful, though I quite understand that you would prefer it to be by choice. You are aware, are you, that legal action can be taken if your hair is messed up irrepairably. Might be worth seeing a solicitor, if only to ensure no one else gets "the chop!"
phil
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2000 at 2:38am
I have had that much growth in my bangs, which is what she basically left me with. From my ears back, my hair was basically removed in order for this idiot to get a few curls in my crown area to look like the photo I brought her of the way my hair had been styled about 7 years ago. It was at that time styled into a short shag. She couldn't see the back of my hair in the photo so she must have thought I had no back . She literally brought my whole head of hair to a point with wings. She removed the hair from the very back of my occipital bone by razoring it off at the base of my skull and up into little pieces. and somehow removing whatever exeess hair that got in her way. I have only had these made up bangs for 3 years. I finally cut them off about a week ago which was a relief as I have been living with hair in my face for 3 years. All I can say is that after she began cutting she said "Gee, you don't have enough hair for this style " and "Oh, your hair doesn't curl on the left side, does it? But that doesn't matter, you are more worried about style than curl anyway, aren't you?" Then she told me I shouldn't get my hair cut for at least a few months. I would rather be bald than to have this freakish style that won't and can't grow out of itself. I am just frightened that my hair will grow back the same way, but I guess that is impossible. I hope it is impossible.
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2000 at 2:49am

I agree. It would be better to shave by choice. I just hope it doesn't grow back the same way. I have been too upset to take this to court. I did, however, file a complaint with the Cosmotology Board. The b--tch denied the fact that she caused any of this. She told the Cosmotology Board that I must have burned my hair off with a curling iron. Can you imagine!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2000 at 2:04pm
Dear bbarb9:

I can only imagine how upset you are with your new haircut. One thing you might consider is this. Alot of the young women are doing very short spikey looks. If you can find a stylist who will work with what you have left she might be able to create this new look and help your hair find some pattern to regrow into. You might try using a waxy pomade to actually accentuate your short spikey look in the bang area. Good luck, Forest
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:06pm
Hi Forest,

Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I have thought of a short spikey look. I have been thinking of anyway to get out of this but I cannot. I was basically left with holes all through my head. The back of my crown and back of my head along with my sides was removed in chunks. She tried to get my crown to curl and since it doesn't, she had to remove whatever hair didn't work for her. Since I have no left side, no back and no crown, I don't even know how to shave. It is as though I must take each piece of hair by itself and remove it. I have decided I will just have to be bald for life as there is no way out of this and I don't have enough hair on my head to work with in any way. I am truly desperate as I don't know how to ever get a normal head of hair again in this lifetime. Do you think I should go to a barber? Thanks
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:07pm
Hi Forest,

Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I have thought of a short spikey look. I have been thinking of anyway to get out of this but I cannot. I was basically left with holes all through my head. The back of my crown and back of my head along with my sides was removed in chunks. She tried to get my crown to curl and since it doesn't, she had to remove whatever hair didn't work for her. Since I have no left side, no back and no crown, I don't even know how to shave. It is as though I must take each piece of hair by itself and remove it. I have decided I will just have to be bald for life as there is no way out of this and I don't have enough hair on my head to work with in any way. I am truly desperate as I don't know how to ever get a normal head of hair again in this lifetime. Do you think I should go to a barber? Thanks P.S. She razored me off to my cowlick!!
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:11pm
Hi Forest,

Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I have thought of a short spikey look. I have been thinking of anyway to get out of this but I cannot. I was basically left with holes all through my head. The back of my crown and back of my head along with my sides was removed in chunks. She tried to get my crown to curl and since it doesn't, she had to remove whatever hair didn't work for her. Since I have no left side, no back and no crown, I don't even know how to shave. It is as though I must take each piece of hair by itself and remove it. I have decided I will just have to be bald for life as there is no way out of this and I don't have enough hair on my head to work with in any way. I am truly desperate as I don't know how to ever get a normal head of hair again in this lifetime. Do you think I should go to a barber? Thanks P.S. She razored me off to my cowlick!!
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:13pm
Hi Forest,

bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:15pm
Hi Forest,

bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2000 at 12:19pm
Hi Forest,

HairByRandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairByRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 3:57am
OK, I have read and re-read this post several times and I am stumped as to what you are referring to. The way I look at this post, you had your hair cut three years ago and it still hasn't grown out? There is no way that a stylist can permanently stop the hair from growing. The only way to do that is to cut out the follicles in which case you would have bled until you went to the Emergency Room. Just shaving or razoring off the hair will leave you without hair but the hair will grow back at the average of 1/2" per month.

Am I just reading this wrong? Did you have your bad hair cut three years ago? Is it still not grown back? Maybe its just the way its written that makes it seem that way.

If the haircut was not three years ago, then relax, the hair will grow back just as it was before. She couldn't have damaged the follicles by simply cutting or even razoring the hair. Hair is constantly growing until the follicle either A) stops producing (which would not be anyones fault), B) becomes clogged and forces a shut down (which still wouldn't be anyones fault) or C) is damaged by something like a fall or severe trauma to the head. For example my mother fell thru a bridge when she was little and has a small bald spot where the scalp was pulled off. But there wouldn't be that trauma from just a haircut.

Let me know if I am just reading this post wrong and keep us updated.
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 10:00am
Dear bbarb9:

I am hoping by know your hair has grown just a little. Don't get discouraged. Don't go back to the same stylist. In the next couple of weeks (hair grows 1/2 inch per month) You should be able to do a little something with it. I first would consider going into the name (by the hairline at the bottom of the neck) and getting it as close and even as possible. Working up from there have your new stylist gradaute out at a 45 degree angle and then use whatever is on the top to do the spikey thing. Don't give up maybe you will have started a new trend. Take care, Forest
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2000 at 2:08am
Well, it's encouraging to know that she couldn't remove my follicles. My head did not bleed. When I showed the same photo to another stylist he said that in order to get that style he would have to cut off the left side of my head. There was no way my hair would lay on my head like that. Of course, that was long after I had had that original short shag style. Well, this idiot did exactly that. She removed the left side of my head of hair from the front to the back into little razored up pieces. She wanted to make sure my hair went forward & in order to do that she removed any length or weight in my crown or back. She left me with a little flap for my left side. My hair will never grow back together due to her method of removal and the quantity of hair she removed. The only length I had going was in the made up bangs she made me. I cut most of that hair off as all it did was cover my face. It took me three years to cut that hair as it was basically the only hair she had left me with. I had been pulling the bangs back and trying to brush up & pin the bits & pieces of hair on the back of my head to make it look like I had a full head of hair that was pulled back and pinned up. A few weeks ago when I was going to have my husband shave my head, I cut those long bangs off & thought for a minute, gee this might work. It looked like it could be a short style. But as the days go on, the disparity between the front and back just gets worse. Her haircut could work if I didn't have a back to my head. But I do. So I am going to shave it all off before the next full moon. I was really afraid she removed my follicles as well. I have been traumatized for 3 years with this & it's enough. I know it will take a long time for my hair to grow back, but I have to believe my hair will know how to grow in the right direction again.
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2000 at 2:25am
Dear forest,

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, she did not leave me enough hair to reach my neckline or to even make a neckline. My hair is just now covering the back of my skull in little pieces. I know I will shave. There isn't any way for this incredible cut to ever come together to make any sense. The only way it could work would be if I removed the back of my head. So I will just have to remove all the hair and hope my hair will know how to grow back in the right direction. I am sure it will take a long time, but I have no hope this way. I plan on shaving before the next full moon unless some kind of miracle happens before. T
Regards & thanks again. bbarb9
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2000 at 10:28am
This destructive haircut saga has been running so long now, and the new moon's been and gone so don't keep us in the dark; did you cut it all off in the end? From what I've read this would seem to be the only way to exorcise the ghost of "hair butchers" past. If you did, tell us all how you feel now. I know I'm a bit sad and probably a bit weird but hell, most of us are. You're amongst friends. Give us the latest news.
phil
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2000 at 2:45am
Hi Phil,

I did it!!! On August 2nd I told my husband to shave me. He buzzed whatever hair she left on my head to 1/2 inch. I kind of look punk. I don't know that I will ever look female again. My hair is literally stuck to my head. I don't know how I ever had a back in the past. It has been so long since I have had a full head of hair since this idiot removed my whole back and crown and entire left side with her precision haircut. I am somewhat relieved as I am out of her style, however, I really can't see how my hair will ever outgrow my occipital region of my head. My sister said I was the brother she never had. I look just like a boy. Maybe in 6 years my hair will get long enough to move away from my skull. I am not bald, however the hair I have seems to keep shrinking each day. I think I have lost it. I just don't know how do deal with a crew cut.
tasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2000 at 9:26pm
Would take it to a small claims court there n sue
another thing u can do is maybe get a good wig :)
another thing is daily massages to your scalp there n get the blood going :) might help with the growing problem
use the pads of your fingers only no nails , also daily hair rinses in rosemary helps the growth. Another thing is diet n good vitamins . Stop stressing there so much that doesnt help you either. You have it seems a loving husband there so inenjoy life to the fullest :) go out and get a facial done ,a new makeup over , get some great looking earrings there for yourself , Enjoy life. Stress wont help at all , only takes away from your body n your hair.
huggggggggggggggggggggggs :)
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2000 at 6:41pm
Hi bbarb9:

I am hoping that by this date you are in better shape with your hair. I must say it sounds as though the stylist needs to go back to school if she did that much damage to your hair. Let me know if you are able to style it yet. Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic