Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Must shave due to destructive haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2000 at 3:11am
Hi Forest,

I just can't go on without a back or crown. Right now I only have a little hair on the front and sides. I have a boy's cut without a back. My skull was layered into a complete ball. My husband's cut made my hair come together more, however, I can't keep pretending I have a back or a complete head of hair as that is a fallacy. I am going to have to shave my entire head as I can't get back all the hair she removed. I almost did it yesterday. I will let you know when I remove the little patch of hair the idiotic hairdresser left me with.
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2000 at 3:23am
Hi Tasha

It's too late to sue her. I filed a complaint with the cosmotology board. She answered the complaint by saying that I burned my hair off with a curling iron. I don't even use curling irons. I do believe in Karma, however. I am going to shave all my hair off as there is no way to grow this out. I have been wearing wigs for 3 years now due to this destruction. I have been using Nioxin and massaging my scalp. I have to believe that once I shave this off, my hair will grow in together and I will get a left side and back again. I feel sorry for my huband as he has been thru so much with me since this devastation but I am grateful for him. Thanks for your response. I am trying to maintain my sanity.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2000 at 5:24pm
My oh my, this is dragging on so long it makes War and Peace look like a footnote. Let's go back.. in June, you said "Must shave, etc", and you're still talking about doing it! I've followed this story with interest for a while but I think it's now about time you put us all out of our misery and just did it - otherwise the words "publicity" and "stunt" just might spring to mind.:-}
phil
bbarb9 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2000 at 5:01pm

Hi Phil,

I just read your message as it is the first time I came back to this site since I last posted. It wasn't a publicity stunt, it was just plain fear. But all that is behind me now as I finally did it!!

My husband shaved me on the 9th (1 week ago today). I have just some fuzz left. I will probably never have a head of hair again, but I feel GREAT!!!. I am finally out of this destructive haircut. I should have done this 3 years ago. I don't wake up anymore thinking I must shave. It's over. It will be interesting to see how many years it will be before I have a head of hair again. I am finally FREEE!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic