Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classic Overbleaching Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peaches View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classic Overbleaching Problem
    Posted: July 08 2000 at 12:29pm
Hi! Could really use some advice. Used to have my light brown/dark blonde hair heavily highlighted with pale yellow highlights. I decided I needed a change so I changed my base color to an apricot (used highest lift color available and 30 vol. perox.) and highlighted that with pale yellow. Way too blonde for me. Need to get back to original look. Do I need to fill the apricot areas first or can I just tint back to a light brown/dark blonde. Any product suggestions? Anything in the honey blonde/dark blonde/light brown range would be ok. Thanks for your help?
Seur View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2000 at 11:27am
use 10 vol developer with a dark blonde for 10 min... cover entire head for 5 min... should giev contrasting color
Peaches View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2000 at 12:14pm
Seur:

Can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me. I've been checking this site pretty regularly and was so happy to have a response. Using your advice, I thought I'd take the following tact...First I'll put some of my blonde areas in foil and they will end up to be my highlighted areas. Then I'll use a dark blonde tint with 10 vol developer as you suggested (cut 20 vol developer w/water I assume) and do roots for 10 mins. and whole head for 5 mins. Have I interpreted your advice correctly? Any suggestions you have to finetune this plan will be great--or let me know if I'm way off base. Again, thanks for your your time and expertise. Peaches
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 10:12am
Hi peaches:

You don't mention if you have any brown left in your hair at all. I will assume you don't or if you do it is now in the orange gold state. If you want to tint back please use an apricote filler or even a gold filler all over. If you have to go strand by strand to it so that all the hair especially the lightest blond hair has been filled. If you don't fill your hair and put a brown tint over everying you will end up with a swampy looking shallow color. UGH. Once you have filled the hair blot off the excess filler and go back in with your tint. It should look ok. If not call the hair DR. Good luck, Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic