Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help..When Can I reDye my hair?bad do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jewel_tlc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewel_tlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help..When Can I reDye my hair?bad do
    Posted: August 05 2000 at 1:13am
I have really thick and long naturally curly hair and ive always dyed it a light blonde color...Well about 2 or 3 months ago I got some Feria
Light Golden Brown and It turned a yucky reddish color so I waited like a month and tryed to dye it back blonde With Relon Colorstay(Amber Rays) and it didnt even change a bit so I went back the next day to sally beauty supply And got wella hair dye (light blonde with their 20 volume developer
and my hair turned a reddish(on top) greenish (on ends) dark dirty blonde color YUKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

I think wellas light blonde was not my idea of light blonde LOL
Well its been about 3 or 4 weeks and Ive been Deep conditioning and my hair is getting back softer and seems pretty healthy and the color has faded a bit (i dont see green) to a slightly goldish(not much)dirty blonde color yucky and bland as can be

When Is the soonest I can dye It again without too much damage and does anyone Know what kind of product to use to get it a light light blonde color (i want my hair back:()

I am reluctant to go to a salon because one messed up my hair before and not many are good with my hair type.....

but what i want my final result to be is a Pretty beige Light
Blonde and i want to put in a few platnum highlights
Jewel_tlc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewel_tlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2000 at 1:16am
please soon help lol I can stop thinking about my funky do
tmlrudd View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmlrudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2000 at 1:44pm
HI, MY NAME IS MICHELLE AND I AM A LICENSED COSMETOLOGIST AND THINK I CAN HELP. IF YOU WANT TO GO TO A LIGHT BLONDE, YOU DO NOT WANT ANY COLOR THAT SAYS GOLDEN OR AMBER, BECAUSE YOUR HAIR WILL GRAB THE GOLD AND RED. ON THE OTHER HAND YOU DON'T WANT AN ASH COLOR BECAUSE IT WILL GRAB THE GREEN. YOU NEED A NEUTRAL BASE OF COLOR. WELLA IS NOT A BAD COLOR BRAND. YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT COLOR. TO GET THE AMBER AND GREEN OUT I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GO TO SALLY'S AND GET A LIGHT BLONDE WITH A NEUTRAL BASE. I WOULD USE AT LEAST A 30 OR 40 VOLUME DEVELOPER SO IT WILL TAKE OUT THE RED AND GREEN. MIX THE COLOR AND DEVELOPER AND APPLY IT TO YOUR HAIR, PUT A PLASTIC CAP OVER IT AND APPLY HEAT.(USE A BLOW DRYER) FOR 45 MINUTES. THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROBLEM. IF YOU NEED ANY MORE HELP MY EMAIL IS TMLRUDD@ADAM.NET

GOOD LUCK

MICHELLE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic