Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do I Get Back To Natural From Blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
promise7 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote promise7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do I Get Back To Natural From Blonde?
    Posted: August 11 2000 at 11:56am
Hi. I've been dying my hair with Clairol Excellence Creams for about the past three years, usually Light Blonde 9.5. I decided to let it grow back to it's natural very dark blonde, almost dirty light brown, but when the roots started to really show I couldn't stand it and redyed it again. It looked horribly yellow, so I thought I'd add some highlights to it and maybe that would make it look better. Now I have some pretty nice blonde highlights, some yellow ones, and then the yellow hair I started with. I've done all these things before with great results, but now I'm just tired of coloring it and want to just be close to my normal color again. I really DON'T want to go to a salon. Can I just buy a box of some light brown and go at it? I have super thick hair and dying it twice in the past two weeks really hasn't seemed to do any damage at all, thankfully. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
jewel_tlc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewel_tlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2000 at 12:01pm
I wouldnt if i were you...Blonde hair is like a sponge and it sucks up color and the ends might turn out darker...Or you might even end up with green or some unnatural looking color...Plus if u dye it light brown It will almost certainly turn out darker than u expected.... If I were you I would try something Semipermanent...with no ash in it..Something like a medium beige blonde to dark blonde
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2000 at 9:27pm
Hi:

You have to be very careful if you are going to attempt to tint your hair back to brown. First of all you must fill your blonde hair with a red-orange filler before you put brown tint on. If you don't do this step you will probably end up with hair that looks like a swampy greenish brown color. I hope you have good luck with your tint-back let me know!

Forest
Shawna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2000 at 4:57pm
Ok, I am right there with you!!!!BUT I USED A BROWN TO COLOR the yellow and highlights and now I have brown hair with black streaks!!!!!!!You need to go to a salon to have them put a filler in so that when the color you don't get streaked like me!!!!!I washed my hair with DAWN and that helped a little but I still look ashy!!!!I'm waiting for my appt.....SO, PLEASE DON'T DO IT...........Shawna
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic