Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help wanted for a "hairy" woman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help wanted for a "hairy" woman
    Posted: August 12 2000 at 3:25pm
No it's not a joke. A work colleague of mine suffers from the condition "hirsutism". This means that she grows a mustache, beard and sideburns, albeit fine but still noticeable. She also says she can never wear skirts as she was called "gorilla legs" at school. Anything she has tried shaving, depiliation, electrolysis etc has proved either temporary or ineffective, while her doctor recommended pills that make ALL your hair fall out so she can then wear a wig. Is there any viable alternative that anyone knows about?
phil
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2000 at 11:22pm
I am surprise that her doctor doesn't perscribe a higher level of estrogen because the reason why she has this problem is because her estrogen is way too low.
dianefromcanada
Precious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2000 at 11:39am
She can look into laser hair removal. It can be quite costly until more doctors start to offer it. Have her look in phone book for hair removal or just call some salons/spas and they should be able to suggest someone. I would do that just for the facial hair..she should also check with her doctor about her estrogen levels as mentioned in a previous thread.
Precious
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic