Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Over Processed Hair - Bad Perm-Dark Roots-Help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Over Processed Hair - Bad Perm-Dark Roots-Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlisonGwin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlisonGwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over Processed Hair - Bad Perm-Dark Roots-Help!
    Posted: August 22 2000 at 8:43pm
I have been coloring my hair for at least 10 years, ever since the first grays showed up in my late 20's. My hair is naturally a medium to dark brown. I have been lightening it several shades to a dark reddish blonde with permanent hair colors. It is very thin and fine so I had it permed about a month ago and I have a little breakage. I have been conditioning it intensively using a heat cap and rich, thick conditioners. It's a little better but not much. I have been afraid to color it since the perm because I don't want to damage it further, but I HAVE to do something SOON. My dark, semi gray roots are showing and I hate that! I have always hated seeing dark, obvious, roots on anyone, especially me. I would like to go back to my natural color. I have tried unsucessfully in the past to do this, and it will look fine right after I color, but after 2 or 3 weeks it fades right back to a brassy reddish blonde. What I've been doing since the perm is using temporary color by Roux after each shampoo to tone it down a bit and blend the roots and the rest of the hair. This isn't a very satisfactory way of handling it, since I have to do it repeatedly, every time I shampoo and it is very time consuming.I also tried the Clairol Beautiful COllection haircolor which is a semipermanent haircolor with no peroxide and no ammonia that I bought at Sally's because I thought it would be gentle. It WAS gentle, but it didn't last through more than 3 shampoos, even though I use a shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair. Help! I live in the Birmingham, AL area so if someone could recommend a really good colorist, I'm almost ready to eat beanie-weanies for a wekk or two to afford it :).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic