Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help- My hair is on Fire!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
knadia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help- My hair is on Fire!!!
    Posted: September 14 2000 at 5:30pm
Hello-

I needed advice on hair color. My natural hair color is Darkest Brown. I dye my hair many times- (Bleached, dark warm blonde, red, etc...) Recently, I have went from dyeing my bleached orangy hair to a beautiful dark warm blonde using Matrix socolor 7W Dark Warm Blonde. After a couple of months of doing the regrowth the same color, The ends became a nocolor brassiness color. I then went to my hair stylist where she suggested a dark mahagony brown. Because my hair was porous, the color actually took very intensely. A bit too dark for me- lacked natural highlights. I wanted it the same Dark warm blonde color- so I applied Scruples hair color remover with 20 volume creme developer to remove the dark and then red color. It became a bright yellow, orangy, blonde color. Next, I deposited the Matrix socolor Dark Warm Blonde 7W with 20 volume creme developer the next day which left me with not much of difference in color. Still orangy, more yellow- blond color- with a little light brown. In the sun it looks like my hair is on fire. Too bright!! Do you have any suggestion to correct this and tone down the fire to a light warm brown with golden highlights. I am afraid to go back to my hairstylist. I'd appreciate your detailed comments or tips or product suggestions! Aloha

Nadia
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2000 at 7:46pm
Hi Kknadia;

It sounds as though all you need is a toner. You might want to try Shades 6N. Just remember the more porous the hair the quicker it will absorb any color. Hopefully if you use the 6N and watch it very carefully you will get to where you want to be. You might only need 10 minutes on the hair to get what you want. To make sure you are not getting too dark wipe off strands with a towel to check the color. Remember that you will use the regular 7W or even an ash color when you are tinting the new growth. Hopefully you will be able to match the ends. Good luck. Forest
knadia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2000 at 11:37pm
Thank you advice. Finally someone knows what he's talking about. Thanks again I'll try it:)
hairpunk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2000 at 2:01am
I would definatly go to a professional, It is hard to tell what underlying colors are in your hair without performing a test strand, and if you dont know how colors are going to react it is hard to know what to expect
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic