Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

perm didn't take

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
treang View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: perm didn't take
    Posted: November 12 2000 at 9:39am
I hadn't had a perm in three years when I decided to get one. When I did, my roots to one inch down did not take. Now I look like I have a perm going out, when I actually just got it!! I have been scrunching and that still looks awful, now I am putting my sides up all of the time and I hate it. My stylist layered my long hair after the perm. She thought it would help it out to no avail. Should I just get it cut and live with the scrunching look? I would like to look nice for the upcoming holidays!!!
Thank you so much in advance
treang
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2000 at 2:59pm
Hi Treang:

You don't mention if your long hair has been previously tinted, highlighted, or was in anyway treated with chemicals in the past. If your hair was treated with any type of chemicals then your hairdresser probably used an acid wave suitable for hair that is porous or in anyway compromised. Sometimes whan I do a perm on long hair i will piggy-back the wrap and apply the perm solution only to the scalp rod, let it time for whatever time I think is needed then saturate the piggy rods and time them for a shorter amount so as not to overprocess. One way to style your hair now that you do have a perm is to get a diffuser, the kind that looks like it has fingerlike projections. Place all your hair inside the diffuser and let the air dry it without you fussing with it in anyway. After you have dried all your hair use a gloss product and from underneath to all over rub in the product. You should have alot of fullness and shine. If you want a piecy look just take out strands of hair that you want to place strategically in your bang area and lift and spray. Good luck and I hope you start liking your perm. Forest
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 6:52pm
my sister had the same thing happen to her....

she had her hair permed, and straight away it looked like she`d been growin it out for about 4/5 months lol.....and her hair was already layered, plus the stylist layered her hair sayin it would cut down on the sort of......image, if yget wha i mean.

Instead, she had very very short layers around her face... and cow me did she complain lol!
Altho, it looked sooo cute on her!

What she did do tho was used salon selectives mousse and some charles worthington products......i cant remember which one but it was a hair balm, and like a serum.

She tied her hair up for work, and the unruly curls tied up looked sooo cute!
just looks very smart and proffessional for work.
Any loose bits she held back with hair pins.

during the night tho, or when she would go out, she would jus leave her hair down.
the best thing to do is just grow it out..... the perm... completely

And not to mess with ur hair again, believe me, both me and my sister have learned the HARD way in life, jus wanna advice y`all....

Try instead to condition ur hair instead of changing it into something its not :)
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 6:52pm

she had her hair permed, and straight away it looked like she`d been growin it out for about 4/5 months lol.....and her hair was already layered, plus the stylist layered her hair sayin it would cut down on the sort of......image, if yget wha i mean.

Instead, she had very very short layers around her face... and cow me did she complain lol!

What she did do tho was used salon selectives mousse and some charles worthington products......i cant remember which one but it was a hair balm, and like a serum.

during the night tho, or when she would go out, she would jus leave her hair down.

And not to mess with ur hair again, believe me, both me and my sister have learned the HARD way in life, jus wanna advice y`all....

Try instead to condition ur hair instead of changing it into something its not :)
---------------x
liz_naz View Drop Down

---------------x
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 6:53pm
ooohhh sh*t! sorry my pc dont like me 2day :(
---------------x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic