Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color too Dark!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suprchq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprchq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color too Dark!
    Posted: November 13 2000 at 10:34am
Last week I colored my hair with Loreal Mega Brown Series in Spice (level 5) and it came out too dark, at least 1 shade too dark. It was supposed to add copper and gold tones to my medium brown hair but you can barely see them because now my hair is more of a dark brown especially the ends. What can I do now to help lighten it up, and next time should I use a higher level of perixiode, such as 30 vol. instead of 20vol. OR should I use a different level of color since my hair really grabbed this one.
Thanks
Susannah
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2000 at 7:11am
Hi suprchg:

Let's talk color! You don't mention what level your hair color is. It can be anywhere from 1 being the darkest color up to 10 being the lightest blonde. A level 5 is about right in the middle. Depending what color your hair was when you put on the level 5 would make a big difference in the outcome of the color. You mention adding copper and gold highlights with this spice color so I am assuming your own haircolor was darker than a level 5. At any rate if you already had color on your hair using another tint to lighten it for highlights will not work because tint will not lighten already tinted hair. The only way to do that is to highlight with bleach. This can still be done, I would recommend going to a professional stylist to do it but you can pull through a frosting cap and lighten to the desired level then tone with the spice color this would probably look o.k. But if you really think the overall color or your hair is too dark then you need to remove color first then highlight, then tone. I am still suggesting a professional as this wil a hard job and really should be done correctly since you don't want to ruin the condition of your hair. Please let me know how things work our and good luck with your color. Forest
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 4:02am
Hair colour usually never turns out perfectly the way u want it! it usually turns darker...but after a few shampoos it turns lighter! or you can buy lumishine shampoo which makes your hair gradually lighter!!
the colour graph thingies on the boxes are never right! but one brand of dye that has always turned out just the way it says it will is loreal preference! its really good i recommend it! OOOO
hahah
Luv Ya
--Manda ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic