Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BLACK?! Oh my Gosh...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLACK?! Oh my Gosh...
    Posted: December 13 2000 at 1:33pm
WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF?!
I suppose my form of teenage rebellion is doing strange and bizzare (according to my mother) things to my hair.
For the past year, though, it`s been a chin-length shag-sort of cut, and blonde.
On a stroke of PURE genius (sarcasm included) I decided it would be a GREAT idea to start a new lok and dye my hair black. Jet Black.

oooooh, goodness.
Turns out I am not only allergic to the dye I used, but my hair statred breaking off.
I hauled to the salon and tried despareatly to lok normal again.
What I woudn up with was a SUPERSHORT pixie cut
(and with my square face, it looks AWFUL)

Should I wait until my head calms down and re-dye it a more flattering (and NORMAL color), or should I just let it grow out naturally?

BTW- Im in college now, and went home for a few days this past weekend, and NOBODY in the town likes it...
Which makes my cituation THAT much more critical...

PLEASE HELP!

forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2000 at 7:35pm
Reply to message: 7.790.1
quote:

Stephanie originally wrote:
WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF?!
I suppose my form of teenage rebellion is doing strange and bizzare (according to my mother) things to my hair.
For the past year, though, it's been a chin-length shag-sort of cut, and blonde.
On a stroke of PURE genius (sarcasm included) I decided it would be a GREAT idea to start a new lok and dye my hair black. Jet Black.

oooooh, goodness.
Turns out I am not only allergic to the dye I used, but my hair statred breaking off.
I hauled to the salon and tried despareatly to lok normal again.
What I woudn up with was a SUPERSHORT pixie cut
(and with my square face, it looks AWFUL)

Should I wait until my head calms down and re-dye it a more flattering (and NORMAL color), or should I just let it grow out naturally?

BTW- Im in college now, and went home for a few days this past weekend, and NOBODY in the town likes it...
Which makes my cituation THAT much more critical...

PLEASE HELP!

Hi:

This is probably going to be advice that you don`t want to hear. First of all an allergic reaction to hair tint can lead to very serious health problems. Once you have had a reaction too tint the best thing to do is forget using tint, at least permanent color dye again. I do have one idea that you may find reasonable. You can have your hairdresser do a foil weave highlighting technique with bleach to give your hair an illusion of lightness. You could also have a cap highlighting done. If the color comes out too brassy looking you can tone it with a semi-permanent toner and this should carry you through for awhile. As far as the haircut that you will just have to suffer through - hair does grow but it will seem to take especially long since you don`t want it short. That`s life. I hope you don`t try using permanent tint again but if you do please do a patch test before putting it on your head, like I said serious health issues could come up. Good luck and let me know how it goes. Forest
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2001 at 9:10am
Hey, it`s me again, 2 months after the black hair fiasco...
Talked to my aunt the hair stylist, and when she looked at my burned, shorned head she rolled her eyes and told me that i WAS NOT allergic to the dye, it had just seeped into the dried chemically burned skin (I had been trying to bleach some red out of my hair the previous week, and I`m stupid enought o think *I* can overprocess my hair with no consequences)
Anywhoo, it took some doing, but the black is GONE! (although we had to use effasol and some other stuff, and my poor hair couldnt take it and started breaking off again) Hair is still VERY short (but growing!) and VERY VERY dry and damaged...it`s not breaking anymore, but I`m wonderng if anyone knows of a REALLY GOOD deep conditioner I can get to make my hair feel like, well, hair!
It`s fine RIGHT after I get oujt of the shower, but then it gets crunchy (I dont use any styling products ) and starks to stick out everywhichway.
THanks!
Stephanie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic