Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrate your gray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebrate your gray
    Posted: December 17 2000 at 3:32pm
Have average gray hair but noticed that streaks of yellow were showing up. Tried blue shampoo, no luck, saw the ad for Loreal for Celebrate your gray and was very optomistic about getting rid of the yellow and applied the "Sheer Crystal". What a shock to look in the mirror after and find that all my hair had turned yellow. 28 shampoos is a lot when you don`t want the colour there.
I would appreciate a reply from Loreal and some good advice about what to do now outside of watching it grow out.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2000 at 6:51am
Reply to message: 7.808.1
Hi Ellen,

Sorry to hear about your Loreal problems.

The only way you will hear from them is if you call their 800 problem number and tell them what happened.

Most of the Loreal products, if not all, contain a 800 number on either the box or the insert. Call the number and tell them what happened.

One warning...they need to know the color number and description and product line. So if you used L`Oreal Celebrate and the color is Sheer Crystal then have the box there, if you can and be prepared to tell them what you did.

They can be very helpful.

If not, you can speed up the fading of the yellow by using Prell shampoo which will strip the hair and help speed up color fadage.

Or you can go see a colorist and ask for their help to get your hair the way that you want it to be.

Hope that helps. Again, sorry to hear of your color challenges.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2000 at 1:44pm
Reply to message: 7.808.1
quote:

Ellen originally wrote:
Have average gray hair but noticed that streaks of yellow were showing up. Tried blue shampoo, no luck, saw the ad for Loreal for Celebrate your gray and was very optomistic about getting rid of the yellow and applied the "Sheer Crystal". What a shock to look in the mirror after and find that all my hair had turned yellow. 28 shampoos is a lot when you don't want the colour there.
I would appreciate a reply from Loreal and some good advice about what to do now outside of watching it grow out.

Hi Ellen:

Sorry you are not liking your hair. I read Karen Sheltons advice and she is correct in telling you to call the Loreal hot line. They can probably help. One tip of advice I might offer is that you find a blond color with a violet base. This will correct the yellow in your hair. You really won`t be able to wash the color out because what you have done is expose your natural underlying pigment in your gray hair. Anytime you use a volume of peroxide on white or gray hair it will bring out the yellow. Other than letting it grow out and cutting it off the next thing would be to use a complementary violet based color to tone your hair. Probably a semi-permanent color that will wash out is your best bet. Let me know what happens. I too have white hair that I am trying to grow out. My plan is to low-light over the white so there is a little dimension. This is not fun!!! Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic