Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair colour disaster. Any advice will be appriciated!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair colour disaster. Any advice will be appriciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Chani* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Chani* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair colour disaster. Any advice will be appriciated!
    Posted: December 18 2000 at 11:49am
Im a natural golden blonde but a couple of months ago I decided to try red. I didnt like the results so I took matters into my own hands and I went darker ( i used Clairol Deep Auburn Brown.A permanant colour)It looked really good, but when it started to grow out and I decided to go back to blonde instead of re-colouring. My hairdresser put low lights ( cap-method) in and now my hair looks all muddy. It makes my complexion really pale and it looks almost like Im going grey ( Im 18). Is there any way I could get back to golden at all? I really dont want to peroxide my entire head ( besides my hairdresser said it would make my hair go orange!) I tried fading the darker colour before the lowlights using Wella Viva colour remover but It didnt work well the first time and then not at all the second time. My hair grows really slowly & I dont think I have the patience to grow it
all out.

Please, help if you can. Any advice would be appriciated!!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2000 at 1:38pm
Reply to message: 7.810.1
Hi Chani:

Before you do anything else to your hair you need to know a few things about color. Once you put tint on your hair you will not be able to lighten it with anything except color removers or bleach. I know this sounds crazy but here is what happens to the hair if you try to lighten it with another tint - even one that states it is a very light blonde color. It is like a piece of paper and watercolors. You paint it once, let it dry and it looks rather pale. So you paint over it again, now it looks a little darker, try it again and it will get even darker. That is how your hair reacts to color over color. I am sorry to say that probably you need to use a color remover - preferably with a professional stylist doing the work - and get rid of all the artificial color in your hair. You probably will turn a pretty color or orange/gold but this will be o.k. because now you can use a level 6 ash blonde color and get reasonably close to your natural color. Good luck, but I really don`t think you should try this yourself. Let me know how it comes out. Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic