Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bad hair dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christine Leonard View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad hair dye
    Posted: January 21 2001 at 7:33am
I to have the same problem as everybody else had blonde hair and decided i wanted to back brown starting with light brown this now has a green tint at the bottom, what should i do would iremove this by putting a medium brown over or is ther any truth in the fact that if you wash your hair in washing powder (eg daz) that this removes the green tint. HELP
Jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 1:56pm
I am in the exact same situation as you! The only thing I know for sure is DONT add more color!!!!!! It will only make the situation worse! I also have the greenish hue and its almost grey in some areas! I am just waiting it out. The color has faded some. I am conditioning my hair all the time so I can go in and have the color fixed. I was going for a rich, chestnut brown. I ended up purple! Keep in mind, I went from blonde to brown at a salon!! I then went to another salon and he was able to fix it somewhat. Then my hair started getting really brassy. I thought I`d fix it by putting in an ash brown. BIG MISTAKE!! That made my hair soooo muddy ! I went into the same guy and he told me he is scared to touch my hair because its so damaged. He told me to wait a couple weeks and come back into see him. I am so depressed. I wish I had stayed blonde! If anyone knows any tricks to get rid of the muddy, greenish, greyish tones faster. Please let me know!!
~~~~Jenny~~~~~
Jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 1:57pm
Or if anyone knows anything about the daz mentioned above.
~~~~Jenny~~~~~
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2001 at 10:59pm
well the only thing i can say is what i said before. i have natural dark blonde hair. i mean it is dark blonde to the point where it would be called brown, but i guess brown isnt the technical term for it or something. so about 6 months ago i wanted to go back to dark blonde/brown from a real light blonde. and i used an ash brown and i got a green tint. it was really bad and funny colored all over. what i did was wait 3 weeks and die it another shade of brown, but i got a haircolor that didnt have an "ash" in it. and it turned out ok. yeah i got a few split ends b/c of the damage from all the dying, but it was worth it to get that yucky color from my hair. i used to dye my hair ash blonde and it always did funny things too, so one thing i have learned it stay away from ash hair colors!!! good luck :)
lenny9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenny9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2001 at 7:52am
Reply to message: 7.832.1
I Christine Leonard known as Lenny9 went to the hairdressers yesterday to correct the green tint...
The hairdresser covered my hair all over with a dark blonde which had no ash in it the result was a full head of green hair.............ahg

She then told me that theonly way to get rid of green was to now cover it with RED.............ahg

But what choice did i have?.............

I an now a very deep shade of RED people have commented on me saying it looks nice, but i am having trouble getting used to it i keep feeling that it is a little to dark, so i have decided that in about 3 weeks i will go and have some thick streaks about 3 down the middle of my parting.....................

My feeling on hair dyeing is that if you are happy with the colour stick to it, i now wish i was blonde again........

I am also going on holiday on Saturday and will have to keep my hair covered up to protect it from the sun.

Love this messages board.......

Christine Leonard (lenny9)
lenny9
Jenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2001 at 1:32pm
I can totally relate to what your going thru. I too want my blonde hair back!! Just be patient and the color will fade. Its probably just such a drastic change from blonde. I know thats how I felt. I too think this message board is awesome!!!!
~~~~Jenny~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic