Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color remover....please advise!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pepper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color remover....please advise!
    Posted: January 23 2001 at 10:57am
Ok, this is going to be long, so bear with me!

Over the last couple years, I`ve been dyeing my hair from it`s natural light brown to a dark blonde. But, it`s been a couple months, and I would really like to go to the medium blonde I was naturally years ago.

So, I now have about 2 inches of new growth that is light brown and the rest of my hair is a permanent colored dark blonde. Also, I have a few highlights from loooong ago that I think only I notice.

So, here`s my plan:

On Friday night, I will use a color remover that I got from Sally`s to remove the old color from my hair. I read through all the directions and I think I will mix it with water and leave it on for about 10 minutes and then shampoo out. After I have done this, I will put a good protein pac on my hair overnight to kinda give it some time to rest.

Then, on Saturday, I will put a protein filler on my hair and then use L`Oreal Excellence Light Ash Blonde color on my hair....afterwhich I will put a good thick deep conditioner on overnight.

My hair is in pretty good condition....I use the Apoghee Hair Treatment on it once every couple weeks to help any breakage (although I`ve never even noticed any) and I do hot oil treatments of jojoba, olive, safflower, and coconut about 5-6 times a month to really moisturize.

Please, all you hair experts, tell me if this will work or if I should just stick with doing my roots dark blonde and dealing with it.

Thanks!
pepper
minta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2001 at 11:42pm
Reply to message: 7.838.1
quote:

pepper originally wrote:
Ok, this is going to be long, so bear with me!

Over the last couple years, I've been dyeing my hair from it's natural light brown to a dark blonde. But, it's been a couple months, and I would really like to go to the medium blonde I was naturally years ago.

So, I now have about 2 inches of new growth that is light brown and the rest of my hair is a permanent colored dark blonde. Also, I have a few highlights from loooong ago that I think only I notice.

So, here's my plan:

On Friday night, I will use a color remover that I got from Sally's to remove the old color from my hair. I read through all the directions and I think I will mix it with water and leave it on for about 10 minutes and then shampoo out. After I have done this, I will put a good protein pac on my hair overnight to kinda give it some time to rest.

Then, on Saturday, I will put a protein filler on my hair and then use L'Oreal Excellence Light Ash Blonde color on my hair....afterwhich I will put a good thick deep conditioner on overnight.

My hair is in pretty good condition....I use the Apoghee Hair Treatment on it once every couple weeks to help any breakage (although I've never even noticed any) and I do hot oil treatments of jojoba, olive, safflower, and coconut about 5-6 times a month to really moisturize.

Please, all you hair experts, tell me if this will work or if I should just stick with doing my roots dark blonde and dealing with it.

Thanks!
pepper

I hope I can help you out here. I am a professional hairdresser. (20 years) Since I don`t what your hair looks like I can only go by what I am reading. Since you want to go lighter a color remover may be the best way to go. But it will only lighten it about one shade (but that sounds like that`s all you would need) if not you may have to reaply the color remover(note: most color removers can only be reaplied 3x`s) If you are satisfied with results of the remover follow the directions carefully on washing it out. You want to be very careful because your hair and scalp is now in a delicate state remember you still have to put color on. But you hair sounds like it is in good shape so that is the least of your problem. You said that you want to put an ash into your hair and you have some old highlights which are probably very pourous. This could turn into a green problem. My best advice is not to go with an ash based color. Also when you apply the new color do the roots only first and if for example the timing for the color is 30 min at the last 5 min pull it through the rest of the hair then check a small section of hair by wipeing off the color with a paper towel and see if the color is even from root to end. If you find that the ends are still a little dark don`t worry it will probably fade after 3 washings. I hope this helps
Hairdresser
lenny9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenny9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 5:35pm
Reply to message: 7.838.1
DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR YOURSELF YOU WILL ONLY REGRET IT.................

I HAD DARK BLONDE HAIR AND TRIED TO DYE IT LIGHT BROWN IT WENT GREEN............................

I AM NOW A RED COLOUR BECAUSE I HAD TO VISIT A SALON AND HAVE RED PUT IN MY HAIR....................

I DEEPLY REGRET DYING IT MYSELF.....................
lenny9
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic