Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Highlights?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DancerGirlFive View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DancerGirlFive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Highlights?????
    Posted: June 06 2001 at 10:04pm
Could anyone tell me if I would look good with red streaks? I have medium brown hair that is down to my waist?????
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2001 at 10:02pm
Reply to message: 7.957.1
High lights would look good not streaks. but if you want streaks then just go for it, you can always change it back. No one can tell you what you like and with out a picture we could not give you an answer.
Fairychic View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairychic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2001 at 10:39am
Reply to message: 7.957.1
Streaks or highlights will look great. I have brown hair and I did it and it looks AWSOME!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2001 at 12:12pm
Reply to message: 7.986.1
Pardon my bluntness, but this streaks/ highlights thing has gone way too far. Long hair that is all its natural color, in good condition, is something very beautiful, I think. But splattering artificial lines in it is fake, generally looks cheap, and quite frankly, turns me off. Stand out from the crowd - accept your hair color as it is, I say. I am not a crotchety redneck or other backward person, quite the contrary, but I`m sick of seeing people waste their money on something that usually does them no advantage, or even uglifies them. i`m sure your hair is beautiful. And from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, red streaks are HIDEOUS.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2001 at 9:25pm
Aww now Duke darlin`, I know how you feel about all the fake stuff we do to our hair but it is fun!! And in a world where there is so little fun anymore, why not experiment with a new look. It is pretty harmless in the greater scheme of things. And never fear, the pendulum will undoubtedly swing the other way. It always does and everyone will think natural is best again (think late `60s).
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2001 at 9:30pm
Reply to message: 7.988.1
Duke I have to agree that natural hair thats free flowing past the shoulders and is healthy is much sexier than bleached out hair from highlights or Blondes that have red streaks, look at Reese Witherspoon, her hair is long healthy and natural all one color.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2001 at 4:08pm
Not anymore. Even Reese has succombed. Check out this link for her new, shorter (and blonder) `do:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20010629/en/ai_screening_kdj113.html
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 8:31am
Hey,

I think the red highlights would look great...... but I`d get them done proffesionally and if you do that its gonna be very expensive and you`ll have to keep redoing it so think carefully first.
Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 6:02am
Make sure you get a good hairdresser, and talk it over with them first about a colour. For instance, if you get a really bright colour it might look too much, or that might be what you are going for. Just talk to them first. =)

I think it`d look awesome.

And Duke, some of us don`t have nice hair. I have mousy light brown hair that everyone hated, and when I got it slightly lightened with blonde highlights (which, because I had been getting them for about 4 years, everyone thought were natural!) everyone thought my hair looked so much nicer. I love mucking around with my hair, it`s mine, and it`s the only thing that is left to completely change my appearance. =)

That`s all!
Kim
From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2001 at 2:57pm
Reply to message: 7.1035.1
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Kimberlina. I love
"mousy" colored hair. There`s something so wholesome
about it. My guess is that if it doesn`t look good, it may
be due to the hair`s coarse texture. Perhaps a
conditioner made of natural products helps in such cases.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic