Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

:). Wrecked Hair Getting Better

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :). Wrecked Hair Getting Better
    Posted: August 18 2001 at 2:43am
Just thought I`d post a hair update to thank the people who wrote with kind advice and to report on the status of The Horrible Mistake.

k, first of all, thanks to the person who wrote and recommended Cholesteral, which is made by Queen Helene and is an excellent product for wrecked hair. I had picked it up a few weeks ago, and afterwards a hairdresser recommended it, and then Tee did as well.

I also found some products made by Aphogee at Sally Beauty Supply: There`s a Salon Reconstructing Treatment that you put in, gently blow dry and then rinse out that`s very good; miraculous in fact. Also there was a Keratin Reconstructor and a Balancing Moisturizer; all of them are excellent products.

So, to summarize: What happened was that a hairdresser overprocessed my hair OVER Sun -In, which contains metallic dyes and could have melted my hair off. NEVER do this. If you want to use Sun-In, don`t use anything else until it`s been cut off. What I had left was not even hair anymore, and the color of a rust stain on a white washcloth. The sad part was that I was trying to grow it out after a very short haircut, and I had a year`s worth of growth that I suffered with while growing out every single darn layer to even. It had grown from about three inches all over my head to TEN, all the way to my shoulders. I was going to have to cut it all off!

What I`ve been doing to recondition it is the following:

Olive oil packs and Cholesteral for two months, almost every day of one or the other or both, sometimes with plastic on my head to keep the heat in. For the first month, I would sleep with a goop of Cholesteral and a full saturation of olive or vegetable oil on my head.

Aphogee products as above.

I asked hairdressers about my dilemma and they wanted me to buy their twenty dollar products at their salons. They recommended Dumb Blonde by Bed Head and some Redken reconstructor, but I really didn`t want to spend that much. I think Aphogee was just as good, and each of these were about five dollars each. The Cholesteral was dirt cheap.

After two months, I hazarded a deposit only color in Clove to cover the rust color; it turned out okay and actually conditioned my hair a little bit. I used the Naturistics brand, but the hairdresser told me I could put Loving Care in and maybe Casting ColorSpa; anything without peroxide or ammonia.

I`m also snipping the ends when they get impossble, just a teeny bit.

Now, my hair is actually picking up a shine, is a reasonable color, and I didn`t have to cut it. :). Hooray. I wonder how long I`ll have to wait before I put real color in.

Thanks again!

Chen
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2001 at 10:29am
Reply to message: 7.1127.1
GOOD FOR YOU!! I was just reading some of these blooper posts when I read yours. What a happy ending to a terrible event. I have used Kolesterol for a number of years and have always been happy with the results. Recently, I tried the Mermade conditioner (also sold at Sally`s) and it is a very good product too. You might want to check it out sometime. Congratulations on your success!!!
Merlin
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 6:57pm
ideally mate, you shouldve spent your money on those professional hair care stuff, REDKEN n tha.

They ARE really very ver y very good
theyre unreal
also KERASTASE is excellent

after all, ur hairdresser knows best, and they r specifically tailord for ur hair`s needs
just try em out ur hair will pick up its moisture and condition in no time

im not havin a go :(
just advisin :S

:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic