Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 hairdye-->3 colours!!! WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
e.lexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e.lexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 hairdye-->3 colours!!! WOW!
    Posted: September 10 2001 at 11:34am
hmm perhaps this is a very interesting effect, but only on someoner ELSE`s hair!
I dyed my light/medium brown hair with the new herbal essences line- `dark bronzed brown.` This name was rather literal! My ends went `dark` and I mean black, `bronzed` went to the roots, whereas `brown` stuck to the middle. That wasn`t the result I was hoping for, although I guess it certainly did what it said on the box! :)
How can I get my hair to a safe, all-over medium ash brown? (DIY as I can`t afford anything more professional...) I`ve used Feria before with which I`m far more impressed than this cr@p- can I use that to `correct` the colour?
yours
Alex
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2001 at 10:37pm
first thing, if you feel the need to dye it again, yes i do trust feria, but i would wait a week. second, i would stay away from an ash brown considering you might get a green tint to it. and just a hint, your roots take on color better for some reason. i dont know the factual reason for this, but i guess its the reason why when you bleach your hair, you are supposed to do the bulk of your hair/rinse then do the roots last. i have no idea why you got 3 shades, unless you didnt apply the color evenly. so wait a week, do feria, but stay away from the "ash" shades. i dont really think green hair is what you want lol. oh, and just a warning, your ends might get a little dry from dying it the second time, just a warning. and if that does happen, make sure to deep condition and if that dont work, then you might have to get them trimmed off. let us know what happens :) hope i helped
e.lexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e.lexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2001 at 3:16pm
Reply to message: 7.1177.1
well thank god this stuff doesn`t `stick` too well- after washing it vigorously a few dozen times the colour has paled and evened out although it`s still rather heavy on the `bronzed`. but I`ve had positive feedback and have grown to accept, if not quite love, my unintentionally reddish locks. Isn`t that a beautiful hollywood ending?
p.s. I`m prepared to sell the rights to this story, interested parties please post below :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic