Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dying hair blonde, please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krystina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying hair blonde, please help
    Posted: August 05 2002 at 2:20pm
My hair right now is a medium golden blonde, and I wanted to dye it lighter but I was afraid of it going orange so should I try a light blonde w/ beige undertones? Will it get lighter without orange? thanks
Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2002 at 5:28pm
Your hair will turn orange. Why not try to do a weave on it It will put some color back into your hair plus give you the blonde you want. Too blond will make you look washed out. No matter how much makeup you use you will always look washed out. Try a weave and I know you will love it. Plus you only have to have a weave every 3 to 4 MONTHS!!!!

Trish
Krystina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2002 at 9:18am
Are you sure? I was just about to do it this morning. :(

First I got hilights about a year ago....didn`t mess with it for a while. And then I guess in March, I dyed in L`Oreal Open: Celestial. And then in May/June I dyed it L`Oreal Open: Astral. Sooo now I want to try L`Oreal Feria: Starlet.

Do you still think it will be orange? :(
crosscountrysusan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crosscountrysusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 6:51am
If you have red undertones in your hair it may go orange, but if you try a light ash blonde it more than likely wont. Ash kind of "cancels" out the red. If you want really "white" blonde hair, go to a stylist because they have toners that can prevent the orange color.
Krystina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 4:11pm
Hmm...thanks. I think I`ve got golden undertones right now...the color I want to use has beige undertones, it says. Would that still "cancel" it out?
crosscountrysusan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crosscountrysusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2002 at 7:48am
As long as it isnt a cool blonde it should work, beige would probably be fine. Good luck!
Krystina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krystina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2002 at 4:37pm
Thankyou everyone for the advice. The odd thing is, it went the right color on my roots, my natural hair - which is a cool dark blonde. It veered off on the dyed part, however, and just canceled out the golden tones. Guess I had that coming, huh? :) It`s ok, though, I guess I will just wait until my hair grows out and leave it alone for a while and then redo it because I am very happy with the roots. :)

Thankyou again!
Janet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2002 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Krystina Krystina wrote:

My hair right now is a medium golden blonde, and I wanted to dye it lighter but I was afraid of it going orange so should I try a light blonde w/ beige undertones? Will it get lighter without orange? thanks

your hair will not go orange, just use L`oreal maxamum blonde its the best blonde ever and it will not make your hair dry or anything thing is u can ownly get it at savers or super drug,why not give it a bash.
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 5:04pm
You should be fine using a beige blonde since most beige blondes are fairly neutral.

I would try using a beige blond, but if you are worried about your hair going brassy (orange or too gold), I would avoid trying to go too light.

If your a medium or light blonde, try using a light or very light blonde rather than an extra light or ultra light blonde.

If you do use, for example, very light beige blonde, and the result is brassy, depending on the condition of your hair, you should be able to recolour it in a couple of days and I would recommend using an ash shade rather than the beige.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic