Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OK, The Best product You've Ever Used and Why???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OK, The Best product You've Ever Used and Why???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK, The Best product You've Ever Used and Why???
    Posted: March 03 2003 at 7:04am
Tell us about the absolute best product you have ever used. And don't forget to tell us why.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 7:21am
Hi Sophie....great question! Hands down, my favorite product is Tresemme European Slick melting gel. It's cheap ($3) but works better than anything I've ever tried for straightening and defrizzing my wavy hair. The other gels I've experimented with leave my hair either sticky, greasy or dry. This one just leaves it straight ans smooth. Love it!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 8:45am
I'm usually not very loyal when it comes to products, because I love trying new ones, but one thing I keep using is a 3 minute hair mask by Fructis. My hair feels really silky after I've used it and it smells great!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 10:08am
Cool, I can tell I'm going to learn something on this thread....Lyris, I'll get some for my daughter to try.

Hmmmm Isla, Ive not heard of Fructis, can you give me more info?

StyleOn, My Fellow Hair Diva's and all of you Divo's of course. (I made that up....It means male Diva)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 11:49am
Isla, is Fructis the new line in the neon green bottles? I just starting seeing this at Walgreens and it smelled pretty good too.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 12:03pm
Hi Sophie! Fructis is a product line by Garnier. I'm don't know where it's from, I live in the Netherlands, but Garnier sounds french to me. On the website http://www.garnierfructis.com the name L'Oreal is mentioned too.

So what's your best product, Sophie?
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Isla, is Fructis the new line in the neon green bottles? I just starting seeing this at Walgreens and it smelled pretty good too.

Yep, that's it! It's been out in Europe for a couple of years already.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2003 at 12:48pm
OH Mann.....I don't know where to begin, I love so many....

My favorite shampoo and conditioner are Alterna Hemp conditioning, for chemically treated....It's pricy, The 10 ounce lasts as long as some one elses liter......retails for about $15

My Daughter and I started a new liter in the shower (My hair is normal...wavey chin length, her hair is very thick wavey long middle back length) ...........anyway we started November 4th 2002 and it is still a little over half full. We're going to get 8 months out of that baby. (retails for about $40) Not to mention that I love it on my hair. The conditioner is great too. My chemically processed hair has more shine. My daughter says her hair stays cleaner and she likes the shine too.

I love Grahm Webbs Styling paste, mixed into a serum with a clean gel, Aware`s VH-1 is my current fave. Distributed really well on all of my wet limp hair then air dry or blown dry I have more hair and flexable hold...Awesome...OK more later cause I have too many to list.....I'm kind of a product freak, ask any of my Salon Mates
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 6:20pm
I just love that new Wella spray gel. Great for baby fine hair. Also Superstar. I think that is a Tigi product. I have tried just about everything and those two are the tops for me.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 7:08pm
hmm i am also one of the people who loves to switch products coz i get sick of it.
for as a guy i liked the Loreal special FX line.
They have Radical Gel for out of this world styling tool and ultra, mega, super hold
Out Of Bed gum for that messy, i am carefree look,
Straight for that preppy, angelic, i am perfect straght mane,
and Remix which is kind like a mixture of Radical Gel and Out Of Bed, its where you can restyle anyway you want at anytime of the day.
Also when I have money to burn I use UNO products made from the Shiseido company.
Its pratically all products for men. Non greasy, oily, or fragrant. some guys dont like to be smell like a salon. I currently use the Super Hard Gel and the Hair Hold Gum Super Hard. Great styling products that last the whole day even in hot humid tropical weather that we have in Malaysia
ARGHH
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 6:15am

Citre-Shine Spray Gloss!!! This stuff has been the saving grace of my hair. Just a little spray or two leaves hair shiny and smooth and free of frizzies. And its cheap!!!!! :)
Also, I've had lots of good results from L'Oreal products in general. Not absolute satisfaction, but much better than quite a few more expensive brands. They generally work pretty good.

INGA
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Savage Gardener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 1:34pm
Wella Viva Color Mousse! You can adjust the development time to give the amount of colour you want and it only lasts for about a week, so you can wash it out should anything terrible happen. It also doesn't stain your skin, which is undoubtedly a good thing. It says on the can that it only contains one application, but I can get three or possibly four applications out of it (though my hair's only slightly below jaw-length - it'd be less on longer hair).

Be warned though, it says that you won't need to condition after you've rinsed it out, but I always do anyway because it feels like it needs it.

Julie Ponzo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Ponzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 7:01pm
I love Proclaim shine spray, and proclaim defrizz junk(something like Frizz ease) but better. It covers more hair, and feels silkier. For Shampoo and conditioner I buy them by the gallon for me and my daughter.....both of us, long and curly....It is called Quantum. It is 19.99 a gallon, and I usually wait for the 9.99 sale and buy several.

All are available at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Julie
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 4:55pm
Aveda Shampure (outrageously priced but my hair is addicted) Phytojojoba (also expensive but a tiny dab lasts and lasts). Both shampoos make my hair feel soft and silky. I also like the ARTec shampoos but am worried that now that L'Oreal owns them that they will change. This has happened to other products that I loved that got bought out so I am keeping a weary eye.
Princessa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 7:15pm
I am those type of people that always do my hair and especially in the summer with all the pool water and styling my hair rejuvenates with VO5 hot oil
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 7:25pm
I worry about that too, Constance. I've been hearing that ARTec's Pure Hair line is being discontinued...Maybe just a rumor. Who Knows!

Did you'all know that three BIG companies...Wella, L'Oreal and Sheseido(spelling)...own 70% of all the hair products out there. Can you believe that???And they aren't done yet.

Great info guy's, thanks for sharing.
Benji the Sausage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benji the Sausage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 8:56pm
It was this sebatian shine and straightening stuf that was discontinued. Since it was discontinued I only used it when I was going somewhere special and I had the same bottle for YEARS. then if fell on its ide on the inside of my drawer.. and oozed out everywhere and now theres none left. unless I rub my hands around inside my dresser. but thats kinda weird...
BSL/Blonde/Chemically Treated (abused)
1b/cMii
I swear by Redken Extreme and Shea Butter.
imtabitha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imtabitha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 1:43am
You all will probably think that I am nuts but the best product I have ever found for getting the tangles out of my long hair and making it turbo shiny with out making it goopy or greasy is is a teflon based food grade industrial lubricant. And to freshen and add gleam I mix part rose water and part glyceryn to 4 parts distilled water in a spray bottle shake it up and give my hair a few spritzes.... The cool part is the combined cost of all these ingredients is less than 10 bucks and will last for eons.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 7:15am
Tabitha I like the way you think! That is very ingenius. Where do you buy your materials?
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 11:30am
Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Conditioner.

It makes my thick hair SO soft and nice. I can't use the shampoo because it makes my scalp oily, but I've never found a better conditioner.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic