Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rusk color corrector... any good??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rusk color corrector... any good??
    Posted: December 23 2004 at 3:58am
hello again. i went to a sallys in london and could not find the one n only colorfix... i did however get the rusk id elimin8 color corrector... does anyone have experiance with this? and any advice?
carey
carey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 3:58am
so i used it ... and it took out all the black in my hair... but surprise surprise the red remains. i am now a delightful ginger in the sun.... im going out of my mind! word of advice... dont ever dye your hair auburn.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 7:49am
I'm guessing you don't like the ginger color. Weren't you going to color it over after removing the dye? That's the standard procedure, to remove the old color you don't like and dye it the color you want. Color remover doesn't actually return you to your natural color, it returns your hair to the color it was after previous lightening procedures. This is a color you may have never seen, as it occurs during the dyeing process. And according to the product directions on the l'oreal lifter I bought, it may take more than one application (done a day apart) to get all the color out, if you dyed your hair much darker. And yes, the directions I have describe the hair passing through a gingery to orange color before finally getting to a blond color (but only if your hair is blond under all that color).

I'm also guessing you didn't do a strand test to see how long it would take to remove all the dye. Every application is different. You might want to do this next time.

So what's your natural color, how many times have you dyed it and to what color? What color were you hoping to end up with this time?

I love auburn, it goes with me really well, which is why I do it, though I'm thinking of doing some strawberry blond streaks at my temples.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
carey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 10:22am
my natural hair colour is medium brown. ive been dying my hair shades of auburn for about 5 years. with the odd black now and then. but my hair never seems to hold the original too long. i was hoping that using the product would take out the black and red but the red has stayed. i dont have any more of the product unfortunately or i would have done it again! i am wondering whether i should wait for a hairdresser to colour my head brown or if i should do it myself? i dont want to have my hair stripped or bleached cause i have a really nice healthy head of hair!

i really do like auburn but i am kinda tired of it for now. im moving to south africa and i want to be brunette for the summer weather! i find auburn is stunning for autumn and winter but i like wearing brighter colours in summer and my hair usually clashes with my clothes.
oh the dramas of life!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic