Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Naturally Curly Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hines View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturally Curly Hair
    Posted: January 06 2000 at 2:27pm
Growing up with naturally curly hair (actually more wavey than curly) I always hated my hair. When my hair was short it always wanted to do weird things and not lay down. Now that I have long hair (almost to my waist) I love my natural curls. Now the curls add variety to my hair. Every day they look and behave differently. Some days they are loose and other days they are tighter. Its cool because I can never actually predict how they will behave from day to day.

Just my random thoughts on having curls...

Jeff.
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 6:43pm
Hi Jeff!

I certainly understand how you feel. I think that most of us curly-heads really detest out hair until we reach a certain age. When you and I were younger, there were no wonderful "frizz taming/smoothing" products. We only had prayer, and that usually didn't work. Until I was in the 9th grade and "Frizz-Ease" launched, I always wore my hair tightly pulled up into a poney tail or braided in a French braid. However, now I love the uniqueness of my curls... they are my identity to others... and i really don't mind them at all... unless of course, it rains (smile)!
Sherry
Afro View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2000 at 11:22am
Hello!!
I happen to be half cast!My dad is American(black) so my hair is not as curly as black people but it is still very curly!My hair is kinda like Mel B,from the Spice Girls.
When I was little I had short hair all the time and plus I didn't even brush them cauz of the PAIN!and the kids at school used to tease me and touch my hair all the time cauz it was different!I hated and still do hate my hair!Maybe as you said when I get older most probably I will change my mind(now I am still 15 years old)!Last year I straighten them up, for the first time!It was so 'space'!I combed my hair all day at first!it was something different something that I didn't do before!I used to comb my curly hair once a week before and only when it was wet and with a bottle of conditioner on!Well,and now I have the brades(like 'Brandy', the singer).Once I take of the brades most probably I will leave it at it's naturell for a while!
On the other hand when u have curly hair you can do quite a lot of things with it!I think I might just have found ONE good thing about my curly hair, but still!As you might have already figured out I am absest with my hair!ah well...
Bye!
soccergirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2000 at 7:02pm
Help! I am an avid soccer player, and my hair goes through SO MUCH STRESS! It has become very dry and frizzy! My hair is THICK and curly, and I can't seem to get that one hair tie layer out of my hair! If anyone has any suggestions, please write back!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic