Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok Curly heads lets get posting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frizzbe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok Curly heads lets get posting.
    Posted: January 07 2000 at 11:06pm
I am a product freak, just like the rest of the curly haired people out there. What are you favorite products? Salon and Drugstore. Mine are: Biolage shampoo and conditioner or Herbal Essence the pink ones. Gel is either Aveda, Tigi or Dep brands. And for frzz control is Tigi or Graham Webb and Drugstore brand well lets just say I haven't figured out how to use frizz ease.
Claudete View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2000 at 7:55am
Hi Frizzbe,

It´s my first time logging out this site: its superb !!
I am brazilian, my mother is citizen from negroes and indians and my father is spanish, so you can imagine the kind of hair I have.
I am used to have my hair relaxed with the Avlon Products (have you heard about), it´s ok, but right now my hair is not so good as used to be. I always have my hair dried with
the dryer machine (I don´t know this word in English) and sometimes I used it natural, but it´s very dry and the ends are ugly. Do you have some tips to give me ??
It would be very kindo of yours if yours. Sorry about my poor english. If you need some information about the Avlon cosmetics and the guarnidine I can send them to you. As I am concerned guarnidine is much better than sodium hydroxide.

sincerly,
Claudete
cardenette@hotmail.com
Aeva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2000 at 1:49pm
Hello Claudete,
About those dry ends - I recommend you try adding just a couple drops of baby oil to your hair when it wet, and combing it through. If you want to leave it in overnight, you might want to try working in olive oil throughout your hair. When you do this a couple times (I try to once a week), you'll notice that your hair is stronger and shinier.
You can also give Frizz Ease products a try; I love the serum. It makes your hair very glossy and healthy looking. If you really want to use the hairdrier, I think you should try using a shampoo or spray that protects your hair, like Thermasilk. The Frizz Ease line also offers a spray to protect your hair from the heat of your hairdrier.
Hope these ideas work for you.
Best Wishes,
Aeva
chocolate chip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 7:19pm
Curly, I am a diehard fan of Aveda products. They have a clear spray on for damage control and heat styling. It is great on wet or dry hair.
chocolate chip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 7:25pm
Hi Claudette,
This is my first time on this site and I am thrilled to find it. My mom is Black(negro) and my dad is Half Black and half Philipino. I have long wavy and somewhat thick hair. Since I use a BLOW DRYER on it and a curling sometimes, my ends are prtty dry and split too. I use Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I also use Aveda products for styling and control.
Marina23 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marina23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2000 at 2:13pm
I kid you not and my stylist swears by it too, if you can't afford the expensive salon brands but want the most equivelent in ingrediants and performance, use Suave. I use Suave (performance series) moisturizing shamp/cond 2 in one and I use Suave (Performance Series) healthy shine conditioner. Rinsing with cool/warm water is recommended. Then after brushing my hair out, I use Abba's Nourishing leave in conditioner(Good for skin too). After towel dried, I use mousse and gel (any kind is usually okay, but my stylist only uses Vavoom Matrix styling gel instead of both) then I spray with hairspray (non-aerosol) and diffuse till dry. The best spray for my hair is Alterna Enzymetherapy (red tall bottle) used with Vavoom gel and the Abba Nourishing. Quick tip: when combing out your hair before towel drying or blow drying, the way you comb your part influences your hair's turn out for the day. So if you want the criss cross look, this is the best time to do it, half damp, then style as you normally do.
missmolly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 10:49pm
Reply to message: 9.166.1
I have thick curly hair. And it sort of goes straight in the front and it is the most curly underneath. The products i swear by are:
TiGi BEDHEAD self absorbed shampoo and conditioner,
BEDHEAD split-end-mender. Control freak, anit frizz serum (also by bedhead) wait who am I kidding i swear by the whole bed head line it works wonderfully!! Sebastian potion 9 leave in conditioner, and salon selectives moisturizing mousse. (or the one designed for curly hairworks equally well.
REMEMBER THIS: less is more, the more product you put in your hair the worse it will look, especially with curl hair.
hope this is of help..
Pink Dreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2001 at 10:34am
Reply to message: 9.2.1
Ok, here is my story: I shampoo with Pantene Hydrating Curls, but only shampoo my roots and then let the suds run down my ends as I rinse. The I condition with Pantene Hydrating Curls, but only condition the shaft of the hair and the ends. I try to never get it near my scalp. While my hair is wet and full of conditioner, I comb it out with a wide tooth comb I keep in the shower. After I rinse, I gently run my hand down my hair (like in a ponytail) to get as much excess water out as possible.

I don`t wrap my hair in a towel anymore because I read that it can ruin your curls. As soon as I quit doing it, my curls looked much better. I lay the towel over my shoulder and let my hair air dry for about 30 min`s while I do other stuff.

Then I put in Lustrasilk Right On Extra Light Activator Moisturizer. I only put it in with my hands, I don`t use a comb at this time. I spray in Suave Extra Control Lavender Spray Gel lightly, not a great amount or it will weigh my hair down. If the weather is dry or my hair is extra tangly, I use Soft Sheen Care Free Curl Instant Activator Gold on the ends of my hair only. This stuff is kind of oily (it reminds me of VO5, but without the smell), but it works like magic.

Then I diffuse my hair, starting from the roots, lifting my hair gently, trying not to separate the curls too much. I only have to dry it for about 5-7 minutes and I am done. I have long (midback), thick hair, but the diffuser works really well.

If I still have any frizz I use the tiniest bit of the Soft Sheen on the frizzy parts. I put a drop in my hands about the size of a pencil eraser, rub it in my hands, then gently put it where needed. I usually rub the excess on the underneath of my hair, where it gets frizzy the most. I finish off with a good dose of Salon Selectives Hold Tight hairspray. It lets my hair move but holds the curl!

If you noticed, I use the word gently very often. The reason is that everything I have read (and from my own experience) the more you touch your hair when it is wet, the less curls you will have. I fully agree with using very little of the products I use; I just use alot of different products, but very sparsely!

Thanks for all of the other posts! I have some new products to try. BTW, all of my products can be purchased at Wal-Mart! I have tried expensive stuff, but always seem to go back to the cheap stuff. But I am having great luck with it all.

dreamangel786 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamangel786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2001 at 9:08pm
quote:

frizzbe originally wrote:
I am a product freak, just like the rest of the curly haired people out there. What are you favorite products? Salon and Drugstore. Mine are: Biolage shampoo and conditioner or Herbal Essence the pink ones. Gel is either Aveda, Tigi or Dep brands. And for frzz control is Tigi or Graham Webb and Drugstore brand well lets just say I haven't figured out how to use frizz ease.

I Frizzbe,

I have really wavy hair and it sometimes gets frizzy so I use frizz ease. I just wanted to let you know a tiny bit goes a long way for my thick hair, because if you use too much it becomes very greasy!!! I put Frizz Ease in my hair and blow dry.
Mandy
sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2001 at 5:12pm
Reply to message: 9.517.1
I tried Pantene hydrating curls for a while. I loved it at first, but then my hair began to dry out and I switched back to Aveda, this time to the Sap Moss Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Things got better very quickly after going back to Aveda. Every time I switch to a cheaper brand, I find my hair in a mess 2-3 months later. I also use a wide-toothed comb to comb conditioner through in the shower - this is a very gentle way to detangle. Does anyone know how to turn curly hair into large waves??
BaldSandra
sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2001 at 5:15pm
Reply to message: 9.571.1
p.s. I also wash only my roots, letting the shampoo just drip through the rest. This is a great method!
BaldSandra
Coll View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2001 at 1:13pm
I love all of the Pantene Hydrating Curl products. They are slightly expensive, but they work great on my fine,naturally Curly Sue looking hair.
I wash with the shampoo, comb with the conditioner, air dry , then style with the settique spray.
I haven`t tried everything yet.
-Coll
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic