Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Experience With Smoothing Serum From ARTec
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Experience With Smoothing Serum From ARTec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KarenShelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenShelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Experience With Smoothing Serum From ARTec
    Posted: January 09 2000 at 2:59pm
My hair tends to be more wavy than anything.

The longer it grows the more the weight of my hair holds down the waves.

However, I use a lot of hair care products designed to help with curly hair to control my wavy hair from time to time. I have had really great results with ARTec smoothing serum.

Oddly, it works in an interesting way on my hair and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have better results with the smoothing serum if I apply it to my damp, towel dried hair and let my hair air dry. While it works nicely when I blow dry, I hate to blow dry except when necessary, and therefore try to avoid blowdrying as much as possible.

The product advertises that it is for blow drying hair straight. I just find it interesting that it seems to make my hair softer and straighter without the blow dryer.

Anyone experienced this with ARTec smoothing or a similar product? I would look to hear about it.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 6:57pm
Hi Karen!
First of all, I just got back from Florida a few days ago and this is my first time logging onto the new and improved forums. All i can say is WOW!!! I love this :)

So,now that I have praised you once again... we can chat about ARTec! When i first logged onto this site a little over a year ago, ARTec was the first line that I was sold on. More then a year later, I STILL keep a supply in my closet (this stuff is trust worthy).

I only used the Smoothing Serum to blow my hair out straight once, but I found that it made my hair feel dryer then normal. However, I HAVE used it like you did... applied to wet hair, followed by a dab of gel and then air dry. It REALLY does help to control frizz, and I would venture to say that it did pull out my curl somewhat. It did get a bit crunchy on me, but then again, I can be a bit liberal handed in my product applications.

It is a great smoothing serum... and I like how it is different then the typical silicone loaded, clear serums like Frizz-Ease or Citre Shine. I ONLY wish is smelled a "bit" more like the other ARTec products (you can't beat the scent of the Texture Cream and Smoothing Conditioner)...

It is definitely an option for curly girls who want to smooth out there curls a bit... just be judicious with your application :)

Warmest Regards,
Sherry
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:25am
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering if you have had a chance to try some of the Ouidad? I know you are incredibly busy but would love to hear how your testing is going.

I am starting to test some products again but I always get annoyed when I try a product and it "trashed" my hair and I have to start all over again.

Plus I had the flu for 13 days. It also really messed with my hair. Did you know that a serious illness or a bad case of the flu can really mess with your hair? Unfortunately it is true.

I am going to write an article about my experiences with what happened to my hair (it actually got more waves and tangles and my bangs got suddently curly. Too weird).

Hope you are well. Thanks for your post.

Best wishes & a big hug,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Torchred3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torchred3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 9:47am
Hi Karen,

I read about your experiences with ARtec Smoothing Serum. I too found it can be a bit "crunchy." Just a smidgen too much and you're doomed. I have found an outstanding straightening serum/friz control. It's made by TIGI and it's part of their Bedhead line. It's called Control Freak. It smells great, smooths and shines better than anything else I've tried (and I've tried way too many). It's worth checking out!

Bonnie
chocolate chip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 7:14pm
Karen, thanks for the tip on ARTec smoothing serum. I am going to try it because I lifeguard and teach swimming in the summer and I hate to blow dry my hair too often. Not only does it do damage but my arms get too tired(smile).
SAD-SAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAD-SAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2000 at 12:26pm
Hi Karen,
Yes i have been using the Artec Textureline Control Gel and is the best gel i have used(trust me i've tried them all). At first i didn't really like it, i found it didn't hold as well, but as i used it again and a little more gel it worked great! It holds but atill leaves your hair touchable. I have thick very curly hair and it smoothes it out unlike other gels, expensive and cheap ones. Now i only do updo's because i'm letting it grow(i used to relax)and it's past my ears now, the rest is wavy. I let my hair down only when i blow dry it straight with Phytodefrissant the best product ever!!! you can also use it as smoothing serum any pro. stylist will tell you the same.
Take Care!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic