Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My curly hair is driving me crazy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My curly hair is driving me crazy!
    Posted: January 14 2000 at 2:32am
I have medium length curly hair that is almost one length, except for the bangs. It has taken me a while to grow out my layers from a previous SHORT hairstyle, but now that it has grown out the top/back always looks dry & frizzy--no matter what products I use or if I blow dry or air dry. I'm tempted to have it layered again and once it gets longer, try to grow it all one length again--once the weight of it pulls down some of these curls.

Any suggestions?

I've read the other posts and I'm curious as to where I can find the ARTec products??? I've tried what seems like thousands of products that haven't worked (except sometimes for Aveda Anti-humectant pomade--depending on the weather), so I'm game for something new--I'm always looking for that PERFECT product!!!

Thanks!
buckaroo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 10:21am
Hi...ok...I'll try this again...

The perfect hair product for curly hair...I think I've found it!!! It's called "Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel" by Ouidad (who specializes in nothing but curly hair - yey for us!!) I'm telling you, this stuff is FABULOUS! I used to have Keri Russel (long) hair....and then I got sick of it because it was just 'there'...so i cut it really short...pixie-ish...and i was blow drying it straight (this went on for years) and i'm slowly starting to grow it out a bit...but I'm getting sick of the whole brushing it straight bit so i started letting it go curly without looking like Orphan Annie with an afro....but I had tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked on my frizzies - especially in the summertime with the humidity and all that....and then i found Ouidad...I can't rave enough about her products. She's got a website with a whole bunch of good info...I think it's www.ouidad.com

ok. that's all....sorry for the long drawn out story.

:-) buckaroo.
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 4:31pm
Hi there!
Like you, being a curly head, I have also tried a TON of products... I have even reviewed some here for Karen (more to come, too!)

Anyway, here are some of what I consider to be the BEST out there for controlling frizz and creating definition!

Dep Moisturizing Gel-- beleive it or not, this stuff WORKS, works well and is CHEAP!!!

Paul Brown Hawaii Mousse Gel-- yummy smell; great curl fomration

Biolage Gelee-- can get crispy, but conmtrols frizz WELL!

Paul Mitchel Sculpting Foam (Original is prefered, but you can use extra body)-- shiny, soft; packed with conditioners

Bumble and Bumble STyling Creme-- this is a GREAT choice if you are a styling creme fan!

Ouidad Climate Control Gel- a very fluid gel, much like Biolage Gelee; provides great coverage and conditiones

As for a cut, i suggest keeping LONG layers... like only layer the bottom three to four inches! This REALLY works and helps that top layer just "spring" back to life :)

Good Luck!
Sherry
Vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 8:04pm
Thanks so much for the response! I am definitely going to being checking out the Ouidad products. I've also ordered the ARTec gel that I keep reading so much about. Hopefully one day I'll be satisfied with a product.

My hair has never been as long as yours was, but I did cut it very short about a year and a half ago and now I want it long. I'm thinking that once it is longer, then the weight will hold my hair down a little bit.

I too have been blow drying my hair straight, but I think that may be the cause of some of my frizzies. I always blow dry at least my bangs straight and the past couple of days, I haven't, and everyone wants to know where I got the perm?!?!?

Thanks again for the reply!
Vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 8:09pm
Thanks so much for the reply! I've written all of your "best" products down on my master list and I will try them one by one until I find my 'perfect' product!

I'm also considering not layering my hair, because I was thinking that if my layers were too short then they would pouf out more than they already do. I guess for now, I just need to be patient and let my hair grow out---until then a scrunchee or a clip will be my best friend.

Keep me updated on any new products you find. Thanks!
Nightchimes View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightchimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2000 at 4:50pm
I have very dry curly hair like yours and I tried an excellent product that REALLY WORKED! It is the Kamili Elixir Hair Health Rejuvenating System. A friend recommended I try it. I ordered it through their e-mail address which is Kamili24@aol.com. It really worked. It made my hair feel much better. It's all natural and stopped the breakage as well. Also, they provided an excellent hair consultation which really helped also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic