Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bid Win View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bid Win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly highlights
    Posted: January 14 2000 at 8:01pm
Hi im a 35 year old male whos been perming for about 12 years now. My hair is about 3"inches long, wicked thick with a realy tight curl. I get a perm about every 4 months with mostly blue rods and about 15 each of yellow and red rods scaterd about for a super cruly look. My hair is in excelent condition with no frizz at all just well defined curls. My hair color is dark brown. As the time passes the gray has been creeping in around the sides and the top front. Lookinig for advice to see if I can highlight it or frost my hair. Would using a lighter hail color work Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also from the woman what would your opion be of this look.
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 4:26pm
Hi there!

I am definitely not a color expert and I would ask whoever does your perm if highlights would be OK. Personally, I have had my hair relaxed also also a full head of highlights at the same time... so maybe you can do it. As far as I know, the highlighted effect is JUST as popular on guys. I have seen it done to some men on E's Fashion Emergency. As long as it's subtle, it looks GREAT! Another option to cover the grays is to use a semi-perm cellophane treatment like either Shades EQ or Sebastian Cellophanes. These will NOT damage your hair and provide increadible gloss. A third option is to go the demi-perm. route and use one of the new Natural Instincts for men. They have very natural, shiny colors they may look well on you-- remember to go about two shades lighter then your natural haircolor (somewhere in the blonde family if you are a light to med. brown)... this will highlgiht the GRAYS only and make your hair really shine!
Good Luck!
Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic