Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FRIZZI DRY HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TOCCARA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOCCARA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FRIZZI DRY HAIR
    Posted: January 27 2000 at 3:53pm
HELP!!! I AM AFRICAN-AMERICAN AND I HAVE THE DRIEST, THICKEST, FRIZZIEST, CURLY HAIR! I REALLY LIKE THE FACT THAT IT'S CURLY BUT I JUST CAN'T CONTROL IT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF SOME GREAT PRODUCTS. AND PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST FRIZZ EASE CAUSE I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THAT STUFF OUT:)
I ALSO NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE THE PRODUCTS AND SOME GREAT WAYS TO STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR WITH OUT IT GETTING FRIZZI AND DRY. THANKS ALOT!

TOCCARA A.
ZAP View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2000 at 4:14pm
I am also an African-American female with dry, curly hair who tried a million products before I found a winning combo. Here's what works for me:
If I Blow-dry (I use the Remington Vortex hairdryer --- diffusers take too long and don't do such a great job anyway!):
I shampoo (every two-three days)with Cream of Nature for curly perms (cleanses and softens without the buildup)then condition with MOP (Modern Organic Products) leave-in conditioner (leaves the coarsest hair extra soft). After I apply Loreal FX Melting gel and blend with a few sprays of Frizz-Ease blow-dry lotion. Then I follow with Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade (softens, conditions, and smoothes the kinks). I flip my hair over to blow-dry and scrunch hair to give it a better shape. During the day I ry not to touch it except to flip it over once or twice to keep it fluid.
Since I started doing this, My friends have asked me if I've been going to the salon! Not only do I love how it looks, it actually moves and is touchable! To straighten my hair, I go to my stylist (which is also timed for when I need a trim). It's too much for me at home and those electric straightening combs don't do the best job. My stylist has spoiled me because when she presses it, people ask me if I have put a relaxer in my hair. I hope this helps, I know what it's like to struggle with your hair. Finding the right products helps you to love it again!

curly_girl465 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curly_girl465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2000 at 7:22pm
try back to basics rasbery almond intensive hair products!!!
good luck
Aeva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2000 at 1:57pm
These aren't really products, but they've worked for me:
- Add just a couple drops of baby oil to your hair when it's wet and comb through. It should give shine not grease once you add ONLY a couple drops.
- Work warmed olive oil throughout your hair and leave it on overnight (I try doing this once a week). After doing this (maybe a bit more frequently at first if your hair is really, really dry), you should notice a lot more shine and your hair will be much stronger.
Best wishes,
Aeva
mitsu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2000 at 11:17am
Where can I find this product? Thanks.
CurlyGurl1984 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurl1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2000 at 5:00pm
I've probably tried every de-frizzer or smoothing product on the market. There's only one that actually has worked for me is called Jerry redding perfessional percription hair shinner. It's expensive, but it really works for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic