Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I cut off my curls??!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curleykyuu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curleykyuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I cut off my curls??!!
    Posted: January 29 2000 at 9:54pm
Hi!

I need some help!! I used to keep my hair very short, and straightened it out with a relaxer and with the help of a round brush and hot hair dryer every day. I REALLY liked the way it looked, but eventually got tired of spending an hour every morning on my hair. It became dry, and I decided to grow it out. I spend about 6 months where it was looking too long to wear short, but too short to go curly. Now it has grown out some, and I don't know what to do. My hair is very curly, especially around my bangs, and ultra thick, dark brown. I've thought of doing another straightner because you always want what you can't have! I've even thought putting a spiral perm, to give my existing curls a prettier shape. My hair gets bigger the longer it gets-it's a little longer than chin length, no bangs with subtle layering. Even when they thin my hair, it still looks "big". I don't feel very professional at work because I'm starting to get fat hair again. Please help-my husband is tired of me asking him what I should do!

-G
wavywoman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavywoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2000 at 12:47pm
Hopefully nobody kicks me off the board for suggesting this, but you could probably get a lot of advice on the www.naturallycurly.com curlytalk board.
goldilox View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldilox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2000 at 10:20pm
I know what you mean, I straightened my hair for many years, but have now learned to love it. It's curly and red and I find that a med-long layered look is the best, minimized the BIG hair look. If it's lightly thinned it lays better also. I keep mine long enough to put up in a curly pony-tail, just below shoulder length. Intrakera makes a great leave in conditioner, put in wet hair and it keeps the "frizzies" away. Good luck
n & j View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n & j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2002 at 6:08am
jus nshave it go on join the baldy crew luvya nadine jillian
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2002 at 10:25am
I second wavywoman`s answer. :)
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
Curly_Cue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Cue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2002 at 1:35pm
Curls are a blessing. Many people spend lots of money to get their hair to curl, and we have it naturally. There are products to help you deal with frizzyness. And bangs aren`t a good idea with curly hair, unless you straighten them with a curling iron which is what I used to do, and it looked really nice. And formal hair styles are alot cuter for girls.
paulaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2004 at 12:38am
Curly hair is not a curse, it's all about the right products and the patience to take care of it.

My daughter has natural, beautiful long curly hair (much like Halle Berry's new look). It took quite a bit of time for us to figure out how to work with it, but one of the best websites we've found is http://www.ouidad.com. This site lets you do a profile, and them picks the products that would be most beneficial to you. A bit on the expensive side, but well worth the money if you really want to love your curls.

Also, find someone who specializes in cutting curly hair and is in high demand. My daughter and I recently found a woman in Huntington Beach, CA, who is in constant demand for her talents regarding curly hair cuts.

The Ouidad website also helps you to find salons and stylists in your area who have gone to school or specialize in Ouidad's "slice and dice" cuts.

For anyone in the Orange County, California, area who is looking for a superb stylist, let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with the information that you're looking for.

Good luck,
Paula F
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic