Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly hair gone straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly hair gone straight
    Posted: January 30 2000 at 9:45pm
Hi-
I was hoping someone may be able to help me with the following problem. I had perfectly straight hair until about age 13. Then it got curly - ringlets. It has been that way up until about 6 months ago, at which point it has gradually gotten more and more straight. I am not sure what has caused the change. I wear my hair pulled back in a tight bun most of the day to keep it out of my face, and also at night. I'm wondering if I could have actually "pulled" my hair straight, and if it will return to curly. Or maybe it's a hormonal change (I'm now 24). Thanks for listening, if you've had any experience or advice I'd really appreciate it- I miss my curly hair!!

Chloe

lovelylady View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2000 at 9:10pm
I have noticed that hormones have a HUGE role in how my hair looks. When I was pregnant it was fuzz city, then it was string city. After a while it settled into a very nice natural curl, then part of the back went straight. Also climat is a very big factor. When I'm in humidity my hair gets happy. But now that I've mooved to a dry climate it is not happy. My hair at least, is very tempermental.
polly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2000 at 7:37pm
I'm 14 and when I reached my teens I experienced the same problem you are having and how I handled it was to wet hair, work some Mustard into scalp and ends, wrap with a towel, and leave till morning. When you wake up immediately rinse, and apply baby oil get dry, brittle hair. Do this every other day for 4 weeks. Hope this works for you.
tjmoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjmoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 9:41am
My hair is doing the same thing! Iv'e had culry hair sice I was 13, when I first got it layered. I'm 23 now and noticed my hair is not as curly as it used to be and in thses past 2 months it' s really been noticeable to me. Im really freaking out about it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic