Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Hairstyle For Curly Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Hairstyle For Curly Hair
    Posted: February 12 2000 at 2:26am
I saw this in a hair mag at the local grocery and decided to try the style on my kinky medium length hair. It worked great. After blowdrying my hair with a paddle brush I used my large barrelled flat iron to create huge curls at my crown and nape of neck. I let them cool. Then starting at the bottom I used the bobby pins with ridges and using my fingers and a pick I softly pushed the hair up towards my crown and creating several sections pinned the curls up. I then pinned the left and right sides up so that I had a smooth base with soft loose curls on top of my head. I carefully apply a little wax and then softly arranged the curls. The curls flowed from the crown over the base of the pins. I arrange some curls at the front.

It took about 3 times of practice but it looks great and works really well.

I got so many compliments on this style and it was a nice change from the constant curly frizz that I usually have.

Try if if you have some time to mess with your hair.
Regards,

Sue
CurlyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2000 at 8:29pm
Here is another tip:

Shampoo your hair thouroughly and apply conditioner. Rinse the conditioner out with cool water instead of hot because it makes your hair much silkier. Let air dry for 10-20 minutes and then apply a leave-in conditioner(I recommed TIGI leave-in conditioner; it is blue). Blow dry or air dry. When it is totally dry, curl ringlets all over your head with a 1/2 inch iron. Curl UNDER, NOT UP!!! If you curl up you will look freaky!!! For loose, soft curls, wait 10-15 seconds on high. Finger comb for a natural, pretty curl. If you wish, a cute way to wear your curls up is to take them up in a half-ponytail and pull 2-3 tresses down in front. Twist the half ponytail up and take a small aligator clip and clip it up so that the curls flow down or spike up. This "do" is extremely popular at my middle school. If you wish to leave your curls down, and if your hair is like mine, after alot of moving around, your curls might get stringy. To fluff them up, take your brush and brush the underside of your hair. Then finger comb. This keeps your curls in tact and does not straighten them out. Hope you like it!!

CurlyQ

P.S. If you have medium textured hair like me, your curls are often silkier if you wash your hair at night and then style in the morning (iron).
Angelique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2000 at 8:17am
Hi Sue,

I agree, that's a stunning style. It sounds just like the one I had for my wedding. I had gorgeous little baby's breath all over the 'do.

Regards,
Angie.
M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2000 at 5:30pm
good idea i'm glad you took the time to post it
M
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic