Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make my curly hair go straight 4 a day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairgrl15 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgrl15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make my curly hair go straight 4 a day
    Posted: February 21 2000 at 11:03pm
ok, i have dark brown thick curly hair. But i want a change for as day. To make my hair straight but when i try to straighten it, it goees all frizzy. Plz plz help
jackie_b View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2000 at 10:12am
hairgr115-I have the same problem. The key question is...where do you live. It all depends on the climate. I travel a lot...and there are places where my hair looks flat straight and it stays that way...products have a lot to do with it too...but...if there is humidity out there...forget it...you might as well save the time you'll spend blow drying your hair cause as soon as you walk out the door...it'll be straight but frizzy
505DALLAS505 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 505DALLAS505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2000 at 7:36pm
hairgr115---FOR A LONG LASTING STRAIGHT LOOK TRY ONE OF THE CHEMICAL STRAIGHTNERS THEY SELL IN THE DRUG STORE OR GROCERY STORE---FOR A STRAIGHT LOOK FOR A DAY TRY BLOW DRYING YOUR HAIR WITH A MOUSSE FOR HARD TO HOLD HAIR--TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW--M.M. OF DALLAS
rianna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 6:39pm
mambo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2000 at 11:28am
Hi,
I have very thick, curly hair myself. If you want to straighten it, it can be done. My hair looks 100 times better when straight. If you buy a temporary curl relaxer and hair serum and dry hair down the shaft it can be achieved. However, it takes a lot of practice and time (45 mins). If you want more detail let me know.
taliwacker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2000 at 8:57pm
just got out of the shower. now ring out the extra water, get baby oil, put a very small amount in your hand let it roll around your palm and then shake off extra, work into your hair evenly, now pull your hair back tight and use a comb to smooth it out, get some gel and put it over your slicked back hair, give it time let it dry completely. once it is dry take out the hair tie brush your hair and get an iron. not a straitening iron a clothes iron and straighten the rest of your hair.
it wont be frizzy at the front and top. also the iron straightens the rest quickly.

tip: try this for the first time on a day that you have all the time in the world. also don't get too mad when your hair is greasy because you put too much baby oil in. remember less is more. you don't want to be all lubed up do you? it washes out easily. and i don't recomend doing this every day because you can end up damaging your hair
Mimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2000 at 11:35am
I know it's been awhile since the last posting on this topic,but I had to share what I have learned.(after several years of trying to control my frizzy curly hair) try washing
your hair then use V05 hairdressing mostly on the ends then use frizz serum then blow dry with a large round brush then
use a large barrell curling iron all over. you will be amazed at the results. It wont frizz and it will stay until
you wash it.
soccergirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2000 at 6:50pm
Hi, I really need to know how to straighten my VERY THICK and curly hair! I have tried sooooo much, and the only success I have EVER had was drenching my hair with frizz-ease. But then it looked really greasy and it didn't stay. Plus. it took FOREVER!!!!! E-mail me at ComGen9.
Sillin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2000 at 7:11am
Don't worry about spending a lot of time on your hair, because I usually don't have that problem. My hair almost never grows, it took me several years to grow it to my elbows and then I re-cut it to my chest... when it curls it looks shorter, and I can't stand it. Anyhow, what I do is shampoo it [not daily, dry hair is not a good thing]with a special anti-frizz shampoo that controls curls. If your hair is especially frizzy, and you have an extra anti-frizz formula throw that in as well, which isn't neccesary but is a good bonus, then rinse. Then I take a moisturizing conditioner and massage my entire scalp with it, not forgetting those damned ends, then rinsing. Finally, part your hair the way you want it, and then, trying not to butcher the way you parted it, apply conditioner especially onto the natural curly parts of your hair that bother you, and remember those ends, and then top of your head. Then comb through your hair, and let it air dry, occasionally combing it when needed. When it dampens, get a flat paddle brush or a rounded brush and a blowdryer. Pull out sections of your hair and move the brush underneath it, then move the blowdryer down as you bring your brush down [everyone should know this, heh, but just in case], then go over it with a straightening iron to make sure it stays in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic