Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dry, frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
motionblur View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motionblur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry, frizzy hair
    Posted: March 18 2000 at 2:23pm
Hello everybody.

First off, I'm a guy but need a lot of help with my unmangable hair.

I can't really classify what type of hair I have, because it can be different at anytime. When I get out of the shower, my hair is a little curly in the front, but either brushing my hair or using my hands will make it straight right away. Also, it looks and acts fairly normal when wet. However, when my hair dries, it is usually fluffy and frizzy. It doesn't even really move at all and it is like a hair ball (not that bad tho).

Not to mention, when dry, my hair lacks a nice color, but instead looks dry and discolored to some extent (ie, it is not the same browish color all around some just doesn't look right).

So I come asking a question. How can I can help my hair?

It didn't used to be like this all the time. When I was younger in like 5th and 6th grade and stuff, it was great. No friz, no discolorations. Just great. But now it isn't.

I've used one deep conditioner and it seems to have helped a little.

Anyways, are there any products you would recommend (and where to get them, perferably in a store not online) to treat the dryness and frizz? Also, something to bring my nice dark brown color back and make my hair look healthier?

thanks a bunch
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2000 at 11:54am

I would recomend a dry ends serum or something along those lines that tame down fly aways and add shine.

Tanya
tedandtanya.webjump.com

rosemary View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2000 at 2:46am
Unfortunately, I've noticed that as you get older your lovely hormones change which ultimately effects your hair as well.
My hair has changed as well in ways that I just can't stand....... Here are a list of things that I have done and am still doing in order to try to maintain a continuous fascade of a head of healthy shiny and non frizzy hair.
First of all, it is a known fact that curly hair has a stronger potential for looking dull, dry and frizzy. One way of reducing this appearance is by reducing the external factors that may create this appearance....for instance, I never use a hair dryer and I try not to over expose my hair to the sun because both can have a very drying effect on your hair.
Secondly, try using products that contain 0% alcohol in them. Try buying moisturizing shampoos and conditioners that are found in salons from a reputable product line.
Thirdly, try not to touch your hair too often and never brush, pick or comb your hair when its dry or even damp. The less you touch the less frizzy and out of control it will look....
Fourthly, I like Salons Selectives moisturizing mouse, its very affordable, has no alcohol and is so rich that it will last for quite a while.

With repect to your hair colour, you may have to resort to colouring.....and I can honestly say that I'm pretty clueless in that department. Please don't get me wrong, I do colour my hair and have done so for years....I just haven't experimented as much as others using different colours and different types of colouring agents.......

I do hope this helps you out some.....good luck.....
Rose
BabyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2001 at 3:22pm
I`m sure if you go to a salon they could help you out alot. Or if you`d rather do it yourself I`d reccomend a deep conditioner or a product called Frizzease. It`s really good and it worked for me.
*Come on Shorty if you think you can roll
wit an iced out playa ballin outta control*
snickems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snickems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2001 at 9:13pm
Reply to message: 9.580.1
my hair is pretty dry too and the only thing you can do is use good hair products...not the stuff you find in a wal-mart or target, because they`re too drying. From my experience nexxus and matrix`s biologe lines are great.
I use nexxus botinoil shampoo and keraphix conditioner, they make my hair feel great...as far as deep conditioning, matrix`s biologe line makes something called a "hair mask", it comes in a tub and it`s kind of expensive, about $23 I think. you also might want to get regular trims, because if your ends are dead that will make the frizz worse
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic