Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perming?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roxanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perming?
    Posted: March 21 2000 at 12:50pm
I have naturally straight hair - and I do mean straight! It is pretty thick but kinda fine (if you know what I mean). My hubby likes my hair long and curly with hightlights. My hair is about 3 to 4 inches down my back but its straight with no highlights. Everytime I get a perm it is either to curly or if I try the bigger rods it is just wavy and kinda straight on the ends. Is there and in between? What is the best kind of perm? and can I get hightlights (light ones but not blonde) and a perm at the same time?
baker_girl_72 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker_girl_72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2000 at 4:10pm
Hi-

I have the same problem. The rods that are used on your hair, are they the short rods or the long spiral rods? I had problems with perms until they started using the long spiral rods. Now my hair comes out curly (or wavey)from root to tip. Hope this helps!
bright & tight View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bright & tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2000 at 11:14pm
You know what I do? I select two different size perm rods, for example pink and gray and have my hairdresser alternate the different color rods. Yes, you can color your permed hair, but I always wait one week after my perm. Because, if you color your hair before you get a perm, the perm will lighten your hair and you will be left with a color that you will not like. Does this help? I hope so, good luck and write back to let me know how it turned out.

Signed, bright and tight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic